Jacob's Ladder Blocks

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Today I didn't volunteer so I sewed.  Remember--sewing machine and fabric type activity??  I finished enough blue/white Jacob's ladder blocks for a top--64.  

I tried laying them out on the grass but a slight breeze had them flipping around. 

Tomorrow there is a potluck at noon and I'll be volunteering at the Visitor Center.   I used the oven in Admin building tonight--I wanted to make a Peanut Butter cake in a sheet cake pan, and my camper oven is too small.   This recipe is a tried and true favorite.  Its sitting on the counter in the lunch room--I hope Ryan doesn't eat it before the potluck!


This weekend is Riverboat Days and I'm sure it will be busy.   The weather has been cooler and a few nights its supposed to be in the 50's.   Good sleeping weather!
   


 

7 comments:

Pokey said...

Yeah, sewing, I'm familiar with that term. I feel like I'm missing my sewing time, too!
That PB cake looks so yum, I can't wait to try it!
:-}pokey

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Lori,
Wow you have been busy sewing. Can't wait to see the finished quilt top.

Make a thoughtful Thursday. ~Natalie

Julianne said...

That cake looks so Yummy....so do the quilt blocks.LOL

Katie Z. said...

Lovely blocs and YUM!

Unknown said...

That cake looks so good. Can't wait to try it.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my, the blocks are so pretty. They will be lovely when altogether! 8-)) That's my favorite block.

Henrietta said...

I love blue and white. I am working on my blue and white Irish Chain, unpicking the sawtooth border which mysteriously ended up with 25 units on one side and 26 on the other.