Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 10, 2014
Six rows of Trail Mix are together--

Its less confusing if I pin three rows up and then sew together.  9 more rows, 15 rows total.  Please see everyone's design walls at Patchwork Times.

I fell off blogging world the last two weeks.  Although I don't feel sick I could sleep 22 hours a day.  Ken really was sick with a sinus infection and isn't completely well yet.  But in between naps I've been sewing.  Nothing too brain taxing!

Weekly Goals--
  1. 3 more rows of Trail Mix
  2. 1 pink Rainbow Scrappy block
  3. Setting squares for Summers at the Lake
  4. Sew binding on Black/Red/White quilt
  5. Load another top
Too much for this week but I like variety.   I did get my 30's Rainbow Scrappy blocks sewn into a top.  




It was CRISP and sunny out the day I took this photo, the wind was blowing gently but I said "good enough!"  Its ready to quilt as soon as its matched with a backing.  I have one more set of these 30's blocks and think I will set them differently.  I used square in a square cornerstones with sashing.  The original quilt had no cornerstones but I think it needed some.  

Are you watching the Olympics?


15 comments:

Kathie said...

Love your trail mix quilt, I love quilts with tons of different fabrics in them like this, just don't like cutting them out.

Watching some of the Olympics, mailing the ice skating!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love both of these quilts! It's amazing how the rainbow blocks all look so different from each other!
Haven't watched much of the olympics yet, but I will!

Anonymous said...

the bug has been going around, I am still sick and several I know have had it turn to pneumonia...I had that last year, yuck!! Your blocks are amazing and I think the cornerstones are perfect on your quilt.

Anonymous said...

the bug has been going around, I am still sick and several I know have had it turn to pneumonia...I had that last year, yuck!! Your blocks are amazing and I think the cornerstones are perfect on your quilt.

Anonymous said...

Trail Mix is one beautiful complex design!

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho said...

Lori I love your civil war fabrics in Trail Mix. Maybe because I am doing something similar. Haha. And bravo on the scrappy 30s quilt top. Have fun with your Trail MIx!
Kathy Aho in MN

Nann said...

Hope you feel better soon! It's such a drag feeling dragged-out. Congratulations on Trail Mix, the Rainbow challenged, and on being #1 to post on DWM this week!

Ramona said...


Love your Trail Mix top! The variety of fabrics is such fun! And this year I do not have any interest in watching the Olympics. Usually I watch all that I can, but...

Nancy said...

The cornerstones add a lot to the quilt top - good idea.

I hope you and Ken start feeling better soon.

Churn Dash said...

I can't believe I'm going to admit I have made two trail mix quilts. I am very tempted to make a third using black and white!

I've watched a little of the olympics - I have a sock on my knitting needles and when my son gets home later we're going to watch together.

Helen

Cheryl said...

Lori, love your Trail Mix! I have all of my blocks made, but no urge to even put them on the design wall. I think it is the weather messing with us....I could use a nap most days. Too many shut in days I think. Keep going, maybe you'll inspire me.

Cheryl said...

Lori, love your Trail Mix! I have all of my blocks made, but no urge to even put them on the design wall. I think it is the weather messing with us....I could use a nap most days. Too many shut in days I think. Keep going, maybe you'll inspire me.

Sara said...

Your rainbow scrappy quilt looks really good and trial mix is a Wow quilt.

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Seems everyone has been sick this winter.

Katie Z. said...

The trail mix quilt is fascinating. I keep scrolling back up to study it. I also love your 30s top!

Unknown said...

Love your trail mix quilt, I have the pattern and hope to get started on it soon.