Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, April 28, 2014
These are what I worked on this weekend--



40 pinwheel blocks for the borders of Honeysweet Pinwheels.  Please see everyone's design wall at Patchwork Times.  I spent the weekend sewing with the Iowa ladies.  Remember that I said these women are hard core quilters?  I made a sign to hang on the door--


One of the ladies is a massage therapist, and her vehicle has her business name and phone number on it.  A few gentlemen studied the vehicle in front of the door, then must have seen the sign.  Gina received a phone call asking if she was in town giving massages?  I do wish they had come inside, would we have been a surprise??  (We sew at the local Sr. Center)

We also made the trek to the fabric store and I did a little stash enhancing.  Not a lot of yardage--


Mostly TOTs for sashings/borders/bindings, a few lights (my stash is sadly lacking in lights) and a couple of purples.   I better get to work on binding before my yardage in overtakes my yardage out!  The QOV from my guild is loaded and ready to quilt--


Its a bento box quilt in red/white/blue.  

Weekly Goals--
  1. Quilt QOV
  2. Setting triangles on Spinning blocks
  3. Honeysweet Pinwheel center together
  4. Bind a quilt
A short list, I'm tired from sewing in Iowa.  Its cold and rainy right now and no change in weather forecast for the rest of the week.  Good weather to stay inside and sew.  Summer is coming though, I need to get the camper cleaned and packed.  I'm looking forward to volunteering again this summer.  Do you have plans?  A vacation?
  
 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

The retreat sounds like something I need to do to jump-start my sewing mojo. I lost it somewhere and can't seem to find it.

Love the QOV and the pinwheels!

Norece said...

Looking forward to seeing your pinwheel border. Always fun to sew with friends, glad your retreat was fun. The QOV is perfect.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

What's a vacation? I've never gone on one.

I like your stash enhancement fabrics. Very pretty.

Rainy, windy & cold here too. Supposed to start warming up on Thurs. or Fri. Sure hope so.

Sara said...

Wow! Those pinwheels are pretty and will make a spectacular border. Or even a whole quilt. The QOV is really sharp - it's amazing how red, white, and blue works for every design.

Keep enjoying those Iowa gals - sounds like a lot of fun.

Susan said...

Looks like a long list to me...

Love the pinwheel blocks... That quilt will be a beauty.

My vacation plans are to get my home organized...... Hope to work on it everyday.....

You mentioned quilting the QOV... Do you have a long arm?