Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, December 15, 2014
My design wall was cleared last week.  It is such a blindingly large white area I swear the reflected light made it hard to sew an accurate 1/4" seam.  So, I pulled out my great granny square blocks--


I am behind on making these, I think at least another row or two.  Then float them with more of the assorted cream backgrounds and possibly small cornerstones.  Please see everyone's Design Wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--
  • Sash 30's blocks
  • Borders on Trail Mix
  • Pick borders for Bricks and SS
  • Hand sew one binding
  • Square up Cheddar Delight, Summers at the Lake, and Twirling Spools
  • Christmas Irish Chain
There, that will give me some variety this week. I know I won't get it all done, but right now I am practising "one step" moments.  Work on any project to move it one step.  Maybe just 15 minutes worth.  Its the "eating an elephant" method.  One bite at a time!

Last week I finally was able to talk myself into cleaning the sewing room.  The old 9 foot table is out and replaced with shelves.  



Less than 10 UFO's were found while doing this, I thought maybe there were more lurking than that.  Some even had the pattern/directions stored with them.  But I found 54 Puss in Corner blocks made from 30's repros and Kona snow, does anyone know what I was making??  And a set of blocks that is in numbered rows, I will have to slap them on the design wall and see what they look like.  

The weather outside is frightful, a winter storm.  Rain/sleet/ice and now high winds and blowing snow.  We are prepared, plenty of propane in case the power goes out.  Parts of northeastern South Dakota are without power but I doubt that will happen here.  Its good weather to stay home and sew.  

8 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I was glad to see you say that you knew you wouldn't get it all done...those were some pretty lofty goals. I've been enjoying my Snow Day today. When the school closes for bad weather so does the library. I should have gotten more done,but hey, it was a SNOW DAY....like a bonus day!!! :)

Gayle Bong said...

Okay, I see I need to read Stashbusters Yahoo group regularly. And weekly goals? Only 10 UFO's lurking. Very good. All very inspiring.

Ramona said...

Love your granny square blocks. My sewing room is due for a good cleaning/organizing after Christmas. I have no idea how many UFO's I will find!

Kate said...

Love your Granny Square blocks!

I like the "eating the elephant" method, it's pretty much my standard operating procedure in the sewing room.

Panto Pam said...

I am glad to see that you are posting again. I have been a lurker, reading your blog for some time, and will do better about leaving a comment. :) Love your sewing machine! I have several scattered about my home and I love sewing on ALL of them! Wish we had more snow days in the south.....perfect quilting weather.

Katie Z. said...

Yay! I have plenty of cleaning to do, but once I get started, it never seems to end, so I put it off!

Sara said...

Only 10 UFOs? I'm impressed with that little number. But I do have fewer than I had at the beginning of the year. The granny squares are so pretty.

The weather really was nasty yesterday and I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere but my home office. And I spent the evening in my sewing room working on a round robin project.

Nancy said...

For some reason your blog is not showing up in my blog reader, so I thought you had fallen off the face of the Earth. Glad to see it was just a glitch in my reader.

Less than 10 UFOs is awesome and manageable.

Congrats on the expected addition to your family.