Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, April 11, 2015
This month's color is purple--

Definitely from my scrap basket.  The purple outer squares are leftovers from a backing I dyed.  The tan print is backing leftovers from Lorri2Rs quilt.  The center 4 print squares were a 5" charm.  The center square was a scrap--only 2 squares from it.   Album blocks are so scrap friendly! Please see everyone's purple fun at SoScrappy!

Thursday I finished a quilt for Asher.  Asher LOVES Olaf.  



The middle is a panel and Lorri2Rs added the borders and pieced parts.  She said I could have it!!  Thank you Lorri2Rs!!  I was home last weekend and quickly quilted it and made the binding.  Its 74x78".  I used 6 yards as backing/binding and a matching pillowcase.  Poor Olaf has been called many names.  Otto (nope, that wasn't right), Fido (dog name), Alpo (dog food!) and Lorri2Rs called him Olfa (can you tell we are quilters??!)  

The sun is shining and its windy.  


10 comments:

Sara said...

Olaf turned out so cute and Asher looks like he adores that quilt. Good job!

LA Paylor said...

using a hand dye! Must have been a job making a whole back hand dyed. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

PaulaB quilts said...

Lovely block with the vivid purples. Olaf and his new owner both look delighted!

Katie Z. said...

What a great quilt! I love your beautiful purple block too. How's the baby and LB?

Tins and Treasures said...

Hi, Lori,
I love your color combinations!

And yes. It has been super windy!! Take care, ~Natalie

Vic in NH said...

Great stash report; now stay strong! I love that quilt and the picture of Asher who looks rather unhappy for a moment. That's when a kid really needs his quilt! The scrappy block is beautiful, thanks for including it!

Tired Teacher said...

Nicely done. I keep telling myself to make some of these blocks from my scraps, but I get distracted and forget.

Sheila said...

LOVE your quilt!

Magpie Sue said...

What a perfect quilt for Asher!

marie said...

Love that quilt! My grandson loves Olaf too. You should check out this hooded bath towel for him
http://crazylittleprojects.com/2014/01/olaf-snowman-hooded-towel.html

I made one for my grandson.
Marie