Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, June 18, 2016
Time for Rainbow Scrappy Saturday Under the Sea colors--


More Arrowhead blocks.  I love greens and teals.  Please see everyone's posts at SoScrappy.

Life has been very busy, no sewing time so far this week.  But I saw this in a parking lot on Thursday--


Don't worry, it was just a stuffed toy.  It reminds of an incident from 30 years ago.  My mother had a dachshund who loved to ride in the car.  Sammie would ride on the back of the seat behind my mother's head.  He was smart, and knew when the window rolled up he better have his head in.  But on this trip one of his long floppy ears got rolled up in the window.  He was howling and yelping and crying and about gave my mother heart failure!  

This week I was home for a few days.  We're done planting.  The flowers at home have been completely neglected.



There are two large clematis blooming, one on each side of the deck.  The dark purple is a Jackmani and is completely covered with buds and blossoms.  I don't remember the name of the other clematis, it has smaller lavender flowers that hang down like bells.  They are about 12 foot tall and will climb to the top of the pergola.  Clematis like the sun but like cool "feet". They are behind the steps of the deck but on the west side of our house.  PLENTY of sun where they are!  The steps shade the bottom of the plants.

Summer is in full swing, the campgrounds are full and I'm busy at the Visitor Center.  I LOVE summer!

~LORI~

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ocean colors are some of my favorite, too. Glad that you found time to do a bit of sewing!

Sara said...

Pretty blocks. I had just made some of these same blocks in patriotic red, white and blue last month. It's so interesting to see different names for so many blocks. Arrowhead - I like that name better than Garlic Knot.

Sally Trude said...

I thought my Jackmanii was doing well until I saw yours.

Tired Teacher said...

Love your blocks and the fabrics you used.

Oh my, that poor stuffed animal: kids do the strangest things sometimes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your Arrowhead blocks in the teals and green! Looks like your clematis are really happy!

PaulaB quilts said...

A happy school of fish in your ocean, so cute. I'm sure those drooping clematis were glad to get a good soaking. The Jackmani is my favorite. One year I accidntly cut them down to nothing and they came back better and bigger the next year. Enjoy your time at the campground!

Vic in NH said...

Garlic knots! So cool! Love your Jackmani clematis, it's gorgeous.

Katie Z. said...

Yummy blocks! I hope you have time to sew soon, but I know your summers are full.