Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Tuesday, July 19, 2016
I sewed with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies this weekend.  One of the projects I worked on was Simply Woven--



I finished two blocks to make sure I understood the directions.  Simply Woven is a free pattern at Moda Bake Shop.  I have four of the six strips sewn on, I'm making 48 blocks.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

I wanted to work on Apple Crisp, but I forgot the parts for 30 blocks--



 
They were all neatly bagged and setting on my sewing table in the camper.  Bummer!!  There was still plenty to sew on--I finished 66 Apple Crisp blocks, and sewed 120 Bricks & Stepping Stones "matchsticks" in pairs.  Pink Arrowhead blocks were made for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge for July.  

I also have a finish--


35 Uneven 4 patches made with 30's Reproduction fabrics from the pile I found while cleaning my sewing room.  I still have no idea what the original plan was!  Its big, definitely a large queen so I'll estimate 16 yards used.  

Sewing with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies is always fun.  Lorri's mom LaVonne is the "Overseer" making sure we're working and not wasting time. 



Here she is discussing Donna's project while Lorri is sewing down binding.  Lorri2Rs had a finish--


An alphabet panel she bordered with alphabet fabric!  Its backed with red minkee, very soft and cuddly.  

Weekly Goals--

Apple Crisp blocks

I have 30+ blocks to make, I think that will be my only goal this week.  

Summer is going fast.  Its hot and muggy this week.  I haven't done much sewing this summer, have you??

~LORI~
 

5 comments:

carol fun said...

Those woven blocks are very interesting... looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Looks like your group as very good supervision...LOL... important to keep one on track! happy stitching!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Haven't done much sewing for myself this summer, but have quilted seven quilts in less than a month, again, none for myself. Our quilt group is going to a member's cabin for 2 days in August for a little mini-retreat so I've been getting a couple projects together to work on for that. I'm sure not looking forward to the weather for the rest of this week.

Tired Teacher said...

My machine has been busy and the bobbins are being emptied at a even rate, so I guess I've been sewing. The scrap bins are still full: I don't feel like I'm making any progress.

Sara said...

I've gotten quite a bit of sewing done in the past 2 weeks because the hubbie has been out of state on a job site. Makes for extra sewing time.

Vic in NH said...

Congratulations on that fine finish of the Puss in the Corner, I think? Well uneven 9-patch is fine looking, whatever you call it! The Iowa Sweatshop group is really cool in spite of this torrid heat wave.