Home again--for a day!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Great trip to Minnesota.  We played with Mason a lot.  Later I will dig out the camera for more Minnesota pictures.  We drove home in some pounding rain.  For once, I had just replaced the windshield wipers.  

But before I left, this box arrived. 

A present!

More reds and some matching thread!
I should have enough reds to finish the swap now.  4 yards of reds!  And I won't put them on my stash report, I didn't pay for them!   Thank you Henrietta!  Henrietta has seen my stash and knows there is only bits and pieces of reds.  I used most my RED reds on two QOV tops.

And the new Hancock's arrived while I was gone, so I have some late night reading material.  Ahh, Vicky?--what is the name of your dentist??  Read Vicky's post, she filled her cart TWICE and forgot to order.  She blames it on the Novocaine her dentist filled her head with!


8 comments:

Tamera said...

Pretty reds! Like you, I don't have a lot of reds in my stash.

I'm quilting that Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt that I made with some of those bricks that you sent me. I should have it done today and then binding. Thanks again for sending those. I still have enough bricks for a good start on a second quilt!

pdudgeon said...

could i tempt you with one more red?
http://www.andsewitgoes.net/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=Moda&productid=M7102-11&tracking4=search%20M7102-11&pid=1#M7102-11

i just picked this one up at my LQS. the pic is a 5 inch square. with the fabric printed on the diagonal, this would make a great binding fabric, or the center of a square-in-a-square block, or even setting triangles!

Stephanie D said...

I've had to build up my reds more, too. I love red fabrics, but don't have as many as I thought.

Kathie said...

I love nice reds and they are so hard to find. I sew on Christmas stuff all year around for craft shows and wish there were more nice reds available.

Suzanne said...

I love red and am known for all my red fabric...if you need some in the future, just ask!

MightyMom said...

I don't have much red.

Henrietta said...

Looking at the latest Hancocks catalog red seems to be a coming color this year.

I bought those reds and threads at Connecting Threads They have great prices and the quality is not bad at all. I will be interested to hear what Lori thinks of their thread.

I was quite impressed with their batiks; they are not as high quality as the Hoffmans or Tonga but comparable to Benartex. At S5.96 per yard with free shipping over $50, definitely a bargain.

Henrietta said...

I got a package today, Timeless Treasures Tonga Treats, in the Meringue colorway. Yummy! I have never bought the pre-cut strips mainly because I tend to buy all my fabrics on sale.
Thank you Lori!