Week in Review

Sunday, October 31, 2010
Motivation Friday--I worked on sample blocks with a bit of applique

Sunday Stash Report--nothing bought, nothing finished

Monday Goals--Work on next round of red/white swap

Design Wall--These are a few of the blocks I worked on this week.  I love basket blocks.  

I'm not sure I like the basket with cherries.  The stems and leaves make me think an alien is crawling out of the basket.  I do enjoy appliqueing the handles.

Tonight was Halloween.  I was ready.  Two mixing bowls of candy bars.  Lights on, inside door open.  sigh  I didn't have one trick or treater.  I think they all went to Stephanie's.  

A small crisis at our house.  Since the TV in the living room doesn't have a working remote, Ken's retreated to the bedroom.  Can't find THAT remote.  Asked me if I hid it?   No, not this time.   I thought maybe I had accidentally taken it to the laundry room when I changed the sheets.  It was found wedged between the mattress and footboard. 




8 comments:

Lori said...

I like the baskets. Funny about the remote, we are missing one for our tv, my hubby has 2 for this tv, it is his favorite one missing.
If you got and extra moment, I put up more animal pics for you. I JUST how much you like Chesters pictures lol he sure is a funny model at times. http://seagullquilts.blogspot.com/2010/10/photos.html

lori

Henrietta said...

Looks like the FSM to me!

Katie Z. said...

We didn't get any trick- or-treaters either!

Nancy said...

The basket blocks look great. Nice Job.

No trick or treaters here either. I think they all went downtown where the merchants have candy and entertainment. It is a safe place and well lit.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

We had THREE trick-or-treaters this year. That is a three-year record. :-)

Just tell Ken it's good exercise to get up and change the channels....

The cherries on the basket blocks DO look like aliens crawling out...aliens with big red eyes.

JuJu said...

Gave up on trick or treaters 10 years ago ... parents take kids to parties or the mall here in the city, not like it was when my 2 where that age! As for the remote ... make Ken a bag to hang around his neck to put the remote in!!!

Stephanie D said...

I think the remote should be like those lamps--you clap your hands and it blinks or makes a noise or something!

Yeah, I got everyone's fair share of ToTs this year! And enjoyed every last minute of it! lol

MightyMom said...

we had fewer than normal but enough that my kids had fun.

when's harvest done?