Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, April 30, 2012
I have a new project on the wall.  A Trip Around the World quilt.   Henrietta said I needed to make a statement with my center square.  I put my most favorite fabric in the center--I fussy cut it.


My Japanese Royalty fabric!  I am making this quilt following Henrietta's method--and I hate it.   There is no strip piecing.  Each of those little squares are cut and hung by themselves.  But, I have the first 12 rounds done and I've stitched the rows diagonally.  


 Yes, I have it hung wonky.  There are 19 rounds--or maybe more.  I haven't decided.


Goals for the week--

  1. Work on TOTW (Trip Around the World)
  2. Sew on a UFO
  3. Make some fun blocks 

I start volunteering later this week, so that will cut into my sewing time.  The rain has moved out and it will be warm and sunny.  I love Spring the best.  Do you have a favorite season??


 



11 comments:

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your fussy cut center really looks great. Hope you enjoy your volunteer time.

carol fun said...

Looking good! I love doing a fussy cut center -it really shows off a favorite fabric.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love the cheddar yellow in your Trip-Around-The-World.

Spring and Fall for me. Winter's too cold, Summer's too hot & humid, not to mention buggy.

Teresa F. said...

Wonderful. The Quilt will look awesome.

Vicki H. said...

I love this quilt so much and your center is fab...now I know why I have never made it, because it isn't strip pieced! Nice job!!

marcella said...

Well, you might not love the technique but the quilt is sure looking great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOOOOVE it!!! the center is great!

Sara said...

Enjoy that volunteer time. It is wonderful to see that sunshine today.

I've never tried this pattern, but I like how yours is turning out.

Henrietta said...

Before I end up looking like the world's greatest fool - this can be strip pieced. Although it is a diagonal set it can be done but, you need to be either:
1. uncritical of your fabric placements, or,
2. using a collection of fabrics designed to go together, or,
3. willing to do a lot of unstitching and fabric choice replacement if you simply strip piece.

Lori's fabric choices have changed many times and she is only half way through.

Mine have too but I audition before cutting and then pin on the wall when I am sure.

Nancy said...

This looks great.

I like strip piecing better, too, but sometimes it is nice to see what I am making.

pdudgeon said...

definitely looking good!