Design Wall and Weekly Goals

Monday, September 24, 2012
I've laid out the Merry Go Round blocks and I think they need tweaking.  


I think I need a few more dark edged blocks.  What do you think??  Go to Judy's blog to see what everyone else has on their design wall.

A new project has been started--I loved "Anita's Arrowhead" blocks and decided to try her method of square in a square blocks.   The book is "Cutting Revolution" by Anita Solomon Gross.   

Weekly Goals--

  1. Complete two yoyo blocks
  2. Sew 10 square in a square blocks
  3. 40 more yoyos

Have you thought about Christmas yet?  As in sewing gifts?  Have you started any?  Or maybe you have them finished and waiting?    


 
 

7 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I don't WANT to think about Christmas! Trying to get gifts for everybody that they will use or maybe even like stresses me out. Then seeing their disappointment when they don't see the value in what they did get is such a letdown. It's no wonder so many people get so depressed over the holidays or just after.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I don't know about more dark blocks - I kind of like it that way - plus you could do some really textured quilting and it would really show up.

Christmas.... no way.. Really? Guess I better get organized LOL

Sara said...

I do have one Christmas gift all finished and ready to go. But have not even started a couple of other things I want to give. Motivation is really lacking the past couple of weeks.

Cathy Tomm said...

Looking very good. Goals for the week, I made goals for the month but forget already. Best go check on them.

Nancy said...

The blocks look great on the bed, but more dark blocks, just a few, may make it more dynamic.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

I like what I see. Of course changing it with some darks is a possibility. How is that for wishy-washy?

My daughter wants everyone to hand make all gifts this year. Can't see it happening with a new business, full schedule of college courses, etc, etc, etc. lol!

Anonymous said...

Lori, it looks like you've got an even amount of darks and lights so far.
for a couple of different setting ideas for your blocks, you could try some different Log Cabin settings, or you could sew the halves together and then applique them onto squares of a bright background like a Dresdin Plate quilt. I see lots of possibilities for those nice blocks.
pdudgeon@aol.com