Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Tuesday, November 27, 2012
I have something new on my wall---


Sailboat blocks!  I have eight made.  The sailboats always drew me, and I just had to try making some.  Check the rest of the Design Walls at Patchwork Times.

How did my goals go??
  1. One more yoyo block-YES
  2. Bind Henrietta's quilt-YES
  3. work on a UFO-YES
Henrietta's quilt is already in the mail to its new home.  The UFO I worked on was the Trip Around the World--which is behind the sailboat blocks!  More rows to be sewn together--but progress is progress.  

New goals--
  1. One more yoyo block
  2. Two more sailboat blocks
  3. Three more Trip Around the World rows
 And there is not a fourth goal!!

Thanksgiving is over, we spent the weekend in Minnesota with Laura Beth, Nick, Mason and Asher.  Grandparent time--Ken and I feel much better.  Asher looks like such a solemn baby--




Life is tough when you keep sliding out the bottom of the high chair.   He's a very cheerful baby--he's just solemn when he sees the camera!   

Do you Black Friday shop?  Not me!  Ken did one stop for me--


An Infrared heater with a digital thermostat and a remote.  I'm often cold and Ken is not--so I can have this close to me or in my sewing room and stay toasty. 

I did stop at JoAnn's with my coupons on Saturday--no fabric, just thread, rotary blades and a package of rulers.  Today I stopped at another store--8 yards of flannel to make crib sheets for Asher and Mason.  I won't count this in my stash report--it will be "in and out" and not used in a quilt.  

Are you preparing for Christmas?  Time to get the decorations out! 



 

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love the sailboats! I have always wanted to do a quilt with that block, someday! Aren't grands the best?!

Sara said...

Those sailboats are so cute - but not as cute as the baby!

Nancy said...

The sailboats are definitely cute blocks! Any special plans to use them?

Glad that you and Ken spent some time with the Grands.

Mary-Kay said...

Finally, you got some grandparent time! Wow, is Asher ever getting big. I bet you can't wait to see them again. The sailboat blocks look good. That's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Vicky said...

Oh, gosh, he's adorable. I love your sailboat blocks. I have one on my to-do list!

Vicky said...

Oh, gosh, he's adorable. I love your sailboat blocks. I have one on my to-do list!

Elaine Adair said...

Just today I "found" some sailboats with lighthouses backing fabric in my stash and I've been thinking about making a kids sailboat quilt - thanks for great in spiration. I like the "tall" version you have made. 8-))

Unknown said...

Love your sailboats. I'm glad I am not the only one who doesn't participate in black Friday.

Lori said...

I love the pictures of the grandsons. I'm fortunate mine lives less than two miles away,but he started school this year! His Teacher sees him more now, than me!
I love the tall sailboats, I'll have to make one. I was very lucky to see the tall ships in '76 in Boston harbor, on a Coast Guard ship, with my than boyfriend- now hubby. My first quilt was a sailboat, never finished back in 80'. Boy I' m OLD!