Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, September 2, 2013

First I promised you a picture of my purchases(Design Picnic Table)---

The oriental print at the bottom is my focus and backing fabric.  The creamy yellow is the background.  The other fabrics coordinate (more or less).  These are for a sampler quilt (or two?) I'm participating in on-line.  I like samplers, love the variety of blocks and fabrics you can use.  The teal and periwinkle blue, the rusts/oranges and golds/yellows are all favorite colors.  Some blacks and browns will go into it as well.  See what everyone is working on at Patchwork Times blog.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Make sampler blocks (Jacob's Ladder)
  2. Finish a yoyo (almost done)
  3. bind orange/teal baby quilt
That's enough for this week.  Beautiful weather today, sitting around doing nothing is easy to do!

The year is 3/4 over, so far I'm happy with what I've gotten done.  I thought I would be further on my yoyos but that's okay.  I've been wasting time working on relearning an old hobby--crochet.  I think a dishcloth is what I'll work on.  

Have you tried an old hobby this summer?  Thought about your goals?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty fabrics, can't wait to see where this goes!!

Nancy said...

Oh yeah, you have a nice selection and variety of fabrics for your Sampler quilt!

Lori said...

Love the colors. Can't wait to see what you end up with.