Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, November 4, 2013
This week is a guest design wall--


Toni's table in her motorhome--covered with yoyos!  Last summer Toni and I caught YoYo Pox and we're still making them.  These are the ones Toni made THIS WEEK.  I'm not sure what Toni is making--but she's having fun.  Please see everyone's design walls at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Merry Go Round Blocks
Week 10 Basic Sampler block
More YoYo sashings
Start Quilting 36 patch top

About half the Merry Go Round blocks are sewn in rows.  I'm caught up on the Basic Sampler Blocks.  The 36 patch top is loaded and ready to quilt.  Counted my yoyo blocks--sashings left on six blocks--then I can start setting them together.

But right now I'm busy harvesting.  Although we're in the last field, rain is forecast by tomorrow evening and I know we'd won't be done.  But, we plan on getting as much done as possible!  Today I decided combining corn is much like chain piecing--mindless driving back and forth and stopping to empty into wagons.  Are you busy sewing--or is there something else keeping you out of the sewing room??


7 comments:

Sara said...

Best of luck on that harvest. I heard the word "snow" this morning on the news. I'm not ready for that.

Libby in TN said...

Have you seen the quilter who uses her hand-crank machine while the GPS "drives" the combine? Talk about multi-tasking!

pdudgeon said...

LOL,Libby! i don't know about harvesting and sewing at the same time, but my dishwasher and laundry have been chugging along this morning while i sewed more of my 9 patch blocks. Getting ready to make a Chippewah 9 patch quilt, and i need like a gazillion (or sew it seams)(pun intended) of those blocks. Maybe by Friday i'll be ready to cut the setting squares out.
Best wishes on your harvesting, Lori!

Nancy said...

I haven't been in my sewing room since June. Still have to keep my arm movements limited, so I just continue to knit, and knit, and knit.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Lori,
I see the forcast for snow is your part of the state. I'll be thinking about you. Stay safe and warm!

My Grandma made yoyo everything...I even have a vest of yoyos that I work when I was a young girl!

Have a terrific Tuesday. ~Natalie

Pokey said...

hope you get that harvesting done. Me? Report cards and Parent Conferences have been on the front burner for the last 2 weeks. Today, I'm off to quilt ahh-h-h therapy ~
:-}pokey

Lori said...

Those yo yos are so darn cute! I might have to add to my want list.