Rainbow Scrap Challenge--Brown

Saturday, November 2, 2013
This month I made brown blocks--


Some people don't like brown.  Not me--I LOVE brown!!  I think brown goes with just about anything.  There are 40 of these blocks, enough for two quilts.  The vintage quilt in the magazine (McCalls Vintage Quilts--Spring 2004) has what's described as a "small floral print" sashing between the blocks and as a border.  I'll look in the stash again, but I don't think I have anything that will work.  I'm looking forward to Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014--but until then I need to finish some quilts.  The 36 patch from 2012 is on the long arm--just waiting for me to have time to quilt it.  Please see everyone's blocks at soscrappy.

But now I have to head to the field, my husband has a combine warmed up and ready for me to go. 

14 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful rich, brown fabrics! I love them, too.

scraphappy said...

Beautiful blocks. Finishing quilts is always a good thing. Best of luck getting last years quilt done.

Karen said...

I am with you. I love browns and dark rich colors. Great blocks.

sara said...

I love the brown too,beautiful blocks!

Sarah said...

I love your browns, great blocks!

Ellen said...

I love those blocks...I my not be able to resist making some for myself!

Nancy said...

Gotta get the crop in before anything else can be done. Right?

Sara said...

these will be really interesting quilts - love that scrappy look. I may have to check out this blog and follow along in 2014. Love the whole idea!

Katie Z. said...

Another set of blocks I would love to call my own! Your finished quilts are going to be lovely!

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks look terrific. They will make a great quilt.

Cathy said...

I said it last week and will say it again. I LOVE this block. I think it looks great without sashing and like the secondary patterns the blocks make.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a bout a sashing of neutral background fabric with scraps as cornerstones? Wonderful blocks!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks. I not really a brown lover but I know it works in so many places.

Deb A said...

I am just starting to use brown more and I think it adds just the right touch to most any quilt. Your blocks are looking great.