I'm Back!

Saturday, May 31, 2014
I'm back, was missing from blogland because I wasn't able to post from my tablet and had forgotten my laptop at home.   We moved the camper on May 22nd and I started volunteering the next day.  On the way to my camp spot all the tread peeled from one of the camper tires.  But since it didn't go FLAT we decided to continue and drive very slowly.  30 miles and I made it to the campground!  No changing tires along the road.  Ken said that was my one "pass" for the year.  He was right. On Thursday I left the Visitor Center to find this--


Not a clue what happened, but I'll guess it was a rock thrown from a mower.  But, no one saw it happen, or reported that it had happened.  To be fair, your attention is watching where you are driving, and they wear big ear protectors for the noise of the mowers and may not have even realized it had happened.  sigh  Next, my microwave died.  Chip, who lives next door, says it can be fixed very cheaply, but I needed my microwave NOW so off to town to pick one up.  We'll fix the other one later.  Through this all I haven't felt well.  Summer cold/allergies I thought.  Over Memorial Day weekend ended up in ER, bacterial bronchitis.  Followup Dr. visit yesterday confirmed still have infection, will start 2nd antibiotic.  So I've had the strength of a cooked noodle.  

But my bird feedes are up, I have orioles who are PIGS they eat so much grape jelly!  Hummingbirds, finches, warblers, chickadees and more.  The robins like when I water my grass--they are busy looking for worms.  And the bird bath, well, they almost have to take numbers they are so busy bathing and drinking! 

Although I haven't done much piecing, I have been hand sewing binding.  I finished my 30's quilt--

Bad picture, bright sun washed the photo out but its all I have.  These are some blocks from my 2013 Rainbow Scrap challenge using my box of 30's fabric and a vintage pattern from a magazine.  I dyed a wide flannel backing, a pretty sky blue, the color of the sky here.  Tomorrow I can count the yards used in my stash report!  WOOHOO!

I also worked on my green challenge blocks.  They aren't done but the color this month is green and I LOVE green.  Please see everyone's posts at soscrappy.




We have a graduate in the family--



Mason graduated preschool and starts kindergarten this fall.  He CAN'T be that old yet!!  

And Gina--this post is for you!!



13 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I really like your scrap quilt from 2013. Thirties fabrics always make me smile!

Sara said...

you've had a tough week so it just has to get better. Hope you wipe out that infection with this new round of antibiotics.

Very pretty 30s quilt. I'm really enjoying the RSC this year.

ytsmom said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. What do you put the grape jelly in? I have been thinking about trying that for the orioles. Thanks

Katie Z. said...

You've had some rotten luck! I hope you feel better soon, and have no more disasters.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a week! Hope you're feeling better soon. Window, microwave, infection. That's three. It's all good from here on in.

Cathy said...

Oh, I love the 30s quilt. I remember you working on that last year for RSC.

scraphappy said...

Hope your string of bad luck means that all the bad things have been used up and you will have a string of good luck soon. Lovely shades of green.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy eventful start to the camping season....hope things mellow out for a while. Feel better soon!

Nancy said...

Yes, trouble always comes in "threes" so I think the rest of your summer will be a breeze!

Love the finished quilt! I hope you start to feel better soon. Take care.

Kathie said...

Love your 30's quilt. so sorry you have been sick, I had that most of the winter, not fun.

Elaine Adair said...

Feel better soon! Yowsa on the window break. Thanks for photo of green scrappy ?? Album Block?. I have directions but they are so convoluted and your photos says it all. Easy Peasy, looking at your photo - BIG thanks!!

Sheila said...

Congratulations to the new graduate! LOVE your finished quilt. And your green blocks. Hope you are feeling better.

Pattilou said...

Glad you are feeling better! I lost 6 weeks this winter with that stuff! You've had your share of mishaps! Now for the good!