Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, January 10, 2015
Two more great granny/album blocks this week.  The color for January is blue--


Not much sewing has been done this week.  Spent a few days with Laura Beth and family, the weather was nasty.  No school due to -35F wind chill or blowing snow.  Please see everyone's RSC at soscrappy.


At times we were unable to see the neighboring houses.  We stayed in and made cookies!  Mason and I were able to run errands one day, our last stop was for ice cream--


My goals have been fleeting thoughts!  More 30's strips have been sewn together but that's it.  I'm heading to the sewing room right now!  This is Stashbusters retreat weekend and I'm all for more sewing.  



13 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

well, look at you ... more lovely granny squares. In my olden days, i used to crochet those. now i only have time for fabric.

scraphappy said...

That weather would certainly make me want to stay in and sew the day away. I can't imagine eating ice cream in all that cold! Good luck with using more of your scraps, your blocks look great so far.

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely blocks. Been cold here too.

Susan said...

Sounds like you made the best of bad weather..

Lovely blocks....

Moneik said...

Love the granny square blocks.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Love your granny square blocks! I am thinking of making a granny squares quilt with some Bonnie and Camille fabric for our bed. Thank you for the inspiration!

Vic in NH said...

YIKES!!! That's wayyyy colder than here, so bundle up and stay by your heater. Sew on! The grannies are fabulous!

Nancy said...

Looks pretty cold out there, so staying in would be my choice, too.

I managed to do a bit of sewing today. I'm working on QOV #51.

Karen said...

Love the granny squares. Our wind chill was -35 this week. We are expecting another bad storm Sunday evening into Monday. It might be another quilting day. Stay warm.

Katie Z. said...

Your album blocks are beautiful.

Our windchill was bad enough at -7, and we had very little snow. I would welcome the snow for a change, but I'm tired of the wind!

Sara said...

glad we missed that blizzard this week. I'll be Mason enjoyed baking cookies and running errands with grandma.

Nell's Quilts said...

We had a few days like that this week too. Wind chill was wicked. Lovely Granny square blocks.

Jennie in GA said...

Live the Granny Squares. Must add them to my burgeoning Want to Do list!