Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, November 14, 2016
The 4 Patches & Squares are sewn in vertical rows.

4 Patch & Squares
Noticed an error (the light blue 4 patch) but if you see any others please tell me!  I've been sewing the rows together--nine long seams left.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

I also made blocks for my guild's outgoing presidents.  My guild has six presidents, that seems to work quite well.  One requested a batik block, one a gray/yellow block, and another a red/white block.  No pattern requested on these--just a certain size (8" & 10" finished).

Cracker Blocks
The gray in the one block appears blue--but its definitely gray!  A 4th lady requested a 9 patch block but somehow I forgot to take a picture of it.  Kat resized these blocks so that they were the right size.  Thank you Kat.   I'm practicing "cracker" blocks--I think they will become a RSC block.  I found a pattern/tutorial at Moda Bake Shop--Ritzy Crackers

I need to catch up my stash report--
 
Stash in 45.50 yards
Stash in YTD 390.50 yards
Stash out--0
Stash out YTD--95 yds
 
Stash is ahead 295.5 yds! 
 
The numbers look huge, but I LOVE my stash and I've added lots of backgrounds, borders, and backing.  My "working stash" has decreased.  The shelves are not packed tightly anymore.   
 
Weekly Goals--
Sew the 4 Patches & Squares together
Put another set of blocks on the design wall
Billie Lauder Faux Log Cabin 
Borders  Binding?

We're still harvesting.  Just a little corn left.  We're in the LAST field!  Pray that worn belt on the beater holds together until we are done.  

~LORI~

3 comments:

Judy in Missouri said...

Love your 4patch and squares. You just can't beat a scrappy quilt. I keep wanting to try a cracker block too. Thanks for the pattern info.

Sara said...

I've seen that block used in signature quilts. Very sharp looking. Another one to go onto my "someday" list to make.

6 presidents? All at once? That is interesting. Must be a large guild.

My stash grew considerably this week with a shopping road trip plus some local shopping. I added 16 yards, plus picked up the finishing kit for my Saturday Sampler quilt on Saturday. But it's such fun to add to the stash!

Dar said...

Your President's blocks look good. I've never heard of that many Presidents for one guild. I love you scrappy 4 patch and squares quilt. That's my kind of quilt. It uses up lots of stash!.