Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, January 9, 2017
This week I finished putting the Double Square Star blocks together--


Now I have to find borders for it.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Last week I was Queen of the UFOs on Stashbusters.   I had lots of fun!  Wore the Royal furs, the jewels, and had the palace staff to do my bidding.  I picked the "theme" for the year.  I chose women's sports--and picked a roller derby name--Skye the Bloodthirsty!  We each an elf to help us, I have Goron the Werefolf elf.  And our own personal flying dragon--mine is Brynioth the Brave.  Although I had a week to complete a UFO, I did not!  I would have to give up the furs--it was nasty cold in South Dakota!  I love wearing the jewels, the crown, the scepter.  And the palace staff--scullery maids, house maids, footmen!  It was heaven!  But now the crown has been passed and I'm back to myself.  The penalty is a FQ paid to the Royal Treasurer--a small price for a week of fun!  Also on Stashbusters there is the WITB challenge--"Whats in the Box, or Bag.  Pictures have been posted, Stephanie so far has the most boxes to open--222!  Some are small, but some are stuffed full!  I haven't found any boxes here I haven't already opened.  So I did WOTT--What's on the Table.  The table under the Princess collects things.  




Did I find anything unusual?  11 Flashlights.  13 post it pads.  3 Staplers.  The only item I found that I had been looking for was a charging pad for my tablet.  There's not a lot of difference between "before" and "after" but its been sorted.  Only four flashlights now--if you have a long arm you probably know what they are used for.  To check your bottom tension you have to get underneath your quilt, and its dark under there!  Can't see the stitching in the dark. 

Weekly Goals--

Quilt one top
Sew binding on a top
Dye or piece a backing
Sew on Fall in the City
En Provence

Its going to be a busy week.  Not sure how much I will get done.  But last night I did finish quilting this top--



Pieces of Eight by Victoria Eapen. 

~LORI~

 

5 comments:

Sara said...

Your "under the table" clean-up had me chuckling. We all have those spots. Mine was the top right-hand drawer on my sewing desk - which is actually a large old office desk, so the drawer is pretty big. It was overflowing with junk until I cleaned it out and organized it right before Christmas because I was looking for special needles.

Sorry you weren't able to keep that Queen status for a second week. But you are pretty consistently productive all year. You inspire me!

Kat Scribner said...

okay, i didn't find a big difference on your table....lol great quilts as always!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I guess it's good to be Queen, even for a week.

Thirteen flashlights...wow!!

I'll admit I live dangerously...live on the edge...quilt a whole row and wait to see the back of the quilt when it gets rolled! I do usually run my hand along the stitching and can tell be feel if the tension is off too much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the tension has been excellent lately. Hope that continues. Even on the t-shirt quilt I only had to turn the scarf of the needle ever so slightly to the right to get it perfect.

Nann said...

I don't think I've ever seen the double square block. I like the way you've set them. Glad your tidying-up was productive!

compusword said...

Double Star is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see what panto you will use on it some day.