Happy Quilt

Friday, January 11, 2008


Today I loaded the "Happy Quilt" so I can quilt it tomorrow. Tonite we have a Christmas party. I love this quilt, I think its very cheerful. And I had just enuf fabric, blue with purple flying dragons and rainbows, to make the backing. So the whole quilt is out of my stash!! Hmmm--3.5 yards backing, 6 yards for the front, and I'll need another 3/4 yd for binding. Wow--that makes over 10 yards from the stash. The batting was left over from another project also. This has been a good day!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Aren't they a lot of fun to do ......... and so easy!!! Yours look great!!!

Mary Johnson said...

OK, this one is definitely on my list! How did you get it done so fast?

sewwhat said...

Absolutely darling quilt... very HAPPY!

Barb

Cher said...

you did a fast and wonderful job on this top! looking forward to seeing it quilted up.

Helen in the UK said...

This is GREAT!! That's another to add to my 'want to make' list. Thanks for the inspiration :)
Also - HUGE CONGRATS on making the whole thing from stash :)

YankeeQuilter said...

What a bright and happy quilt! Love the checkerboard quilt on the wall too. Winters are a good time for bright colors!

Siobhan