Monday, January 28, 2008
Judy asked "how do you feel about using your stash" and it made me think. I have gotten more projects done in the last few months than in a year. Why?? Is it that I had to count (and look for) them for the UFO challenge?? Or was it my personal goal of "you have to finish two UFO's before you start a new one". The Heartstrings quilt group with goals of get it done and donate it SOMEWHERE!!?? I'm not sure why, but I am having more fun finishing items than I would have shopping for fabric. It is much more satisfying!! My quilts will have a purpose--donated, given to a friend, etc. Maybe that is it--I lacked direction!! And I have realized I do not have to have the "perfect sized border" or "perfect fabric" to finish something. Less perfectionism--more finishes! What do you think??

3 comments:

Granny said...

Thanks for posting that! Isn't that what it's all about? Finding joy in the fabric we loved so much that we paid our hard earned money and brought it home with us.

Mary Johnson said...

I also think looking for patterns or quilts that will utilize your stash helps too. I'm washing and drying donation quilts today and playing with quilting another one today. Finishing definitely motivates me to do more.

Helen in the UK said...

Life is too short for perfection!! I feel that done is definately better than perfect and donating to a worthy cause really is good for the soul. Enjoy your progress :)