Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, November 7, 2010
It's going to be a busy week, lots of family things.  I'm sewing on my red/white swap blocks---not much to see.  But its confession time.  Yes, I bought fabric!!  5 1/2 yards.  And a spool of thread.  Some reds and whites for my swap.  A background print.  And a black/white stripe--I am making a block that NEEDS a b/w stripe, and I didn't have any.  


Without lots of figuring (I've never been good at math) I think I'm about----yup, probably 5 1/2 yards in the hole!  

But I'm happy with my stash.  Lots of finished tops to be quilted.  I've bought fabric this year, but my fabric cubes (I store my fabric by colors/theme  in wire cubes) have lots of room in them!  18 months ago they were full.  My scrap box is pathetically empty.  I have oodles of noodles in my noodle basket.  I can happily sew up at least 3 queen size bricks and stepping stones quilts.  

Last night I was folding fabric and cleaning off my cutting table.  Thinking about quilting.   I'm enjoying it more.  The process, I mean.  Even the blood pressure raising dreaded applique.   

How do you feel about your quilting? 



10 comments:

Tamera said...

I'm in the Heirloom Quilting class with Harriet Hargrave yesterday and today and it's making me look at quilting in a whole new way! I LOVE it more and more every day.

One of these days, God's gonna tell me why I love it so much and point me in a direction and say, "FLY!" and I'm going to know what I'm supposed to do with this passion that's welling up in my heart right now!

Kathie said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have don't have a net used as much as I had hoped but I do see lots of space on my shelves, some of the old old fabric has been used or given away and I am enjoying it more.

I intend on keeping up with stash reporting next year, do you? I think it really helps me keep on track (or partially anyway).

Katie Z. said...

Passion? More like a dogged determination to have do something by me, for me, that nobody else can duplicate. It's hard to call it passion when I feel more like I'm daily jumping hurdles. I had to sacrifice my sewing space for the effort to declutter since our house in on the market. It was a sad day.

Suzanne said...

Quilting and sewing completely relac me-I love it! I don't know what Noodles are tho...

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

As long as you are happy with your stash and your quilting, that is what matters. After all, hobbies are supposed to make us feel happy not pressured. Stash busting can be a fun game, but sometimes adding a little bit to the stash is fun too. And with the price of cotton going so high this summer due to the cotton crop failure in other countries, now might be the time to add what we know we will need to the stash before prices go even higher. Call it an investment in enjoyment of life.

Jay in Nebraska said...

Oh I have scraps for you! And don't worry about that 5 yards. LOL... I added 400 yards yesterday to my stash, and a Singer 301a Mocha Longbed to my stash! LOL My reasoning is cotton prices are gonna raise!

Jay in Nebraska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MightyMom said...

quilting?
I miss it terribly.....

Stephanie D said...

Nothing wrong with having an adequate stash to create beautiful things....

Henrietta said...

Lori leads me into sin. I hadn't bought fabric for a long time. That's all I'm saying, I'm taking the 5th.