Wonderful Wednesday

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Would you like to eat supper with us tonight?  There will be plenty of what's cooking on my stove.  See---


Oh, that's not the pot of chili we're having!  That's some muslin I'm dyeing in coffee.  I haven't tried coffee before, it's suppose to be a warm brown.  Black tea gives it a golden yellow glow.  
Late last night I was going through the mail that had arrived while I was gone.  Most of it I expected until I got to this box--

It was very heavy.   When I opened it this is what I saw---
SCRAPS!!  I almost kissed that box!


Here they are unpacked on my washer--



See all those wonderful pieces??!!  I can sew a whole QUILT using them.  And yes, I have a PLAN for them.  


And the wonderful person who sent me their scraps---Mary Kay!  Thank you Mary-Kay--you've made me so happy!  All I want to do is sew!






8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Awesome! That might be 2 whole quilts!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Think I'll pass on the coffee-dyed muslin for supper, but you better lock your door tonight because I might sneak in and lift your new box of scraps. LOL Looks like there are quite a feww...bet you get more than one quilt out of them.

Julianne said...

Yummy Scraps. LOL

Mary-Kay said...

I'm so happy that I could provide you with so much enjoyment and I can't wait to see what you're going to make out of the scraps.

Henrietta said...

You can make a Chains of Lurve, or two!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray!!! Now you have scraps again!! :)

Stephanie D said...

Woohoo! Christmas in November!

MightyMom said...

you get that excited about scraps...I'm sending you a bucket or two! ;-)