I've Tried!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011
I've always said Ruby is "my" dog.  I picked her out as a puppy.   I fill the food dish, talk to her, and pet her lovingly.   But she's not "my" dog.  Traitor!   Ruby came with Ken to the camper on Friday.  Oh, she loves to travel!  The vehicles have hair and "Ruby Snoozles" on the passenger windows.  She's eager to come inside and immediately stakes out a spot under the table.  Until she sees Ken packing his bag.  Then she does this----

She finds Ken's shoes and lays on them.   She knows he has to put them on to leave, and she doesn't want him to leave without her.  Does she ever guard my shoes?  Never!   And she does this if she thinks he's going to leave---



She sits with her nose under his elbow.   Does she even like me?  Oh yes, I'm second best, but she's well mannered and good natured.  When Ken left she begged him with her eyes, (all you border collie people know exactly what I mean) she didn't bark or fuss when he left.   She just laid down and stared at the door for a while.  Hoping he was just running errrands and was coming back.   She stayed with me because she has an appointment at the groomer today--she'll be all "frou-frou" pretty this afternoon.  







7 comments:

Henrietta said...

LOVE that dog even if she will not talk to me on the phone. I will be bringing you treats soon Ruby!

marie said...

I know exactly how you feel my dog is a traitor like that, LOL. But, I love him anyway!

Suzanne said...

So sweet!

Stephanie D said...

Oh, those eyes! Tandi gives me a look like that sometimes, and I offer her the moon.

Mary Johnson said...

Keith gets jealous because Chesty loves me more!

Unknown said...

That dog is too cute.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Maybe if she knew she was going to the groomer she would reconsider and be a little more loyal to YOU! haha
Pat