Garden/Flowers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011
This has NOT been the year for a garden or flowers.  After two very hot windy days, it is cool enough you need a jacket.  My garden isn't tilled.  I've planted no flowers.  Today I will put in a few flower seeds--some Morning Glories and Moonflowers to climb the deck.   I might plant a few tomatoes in my the garden.   It will be "survival of the fittest" sort of garden!  The perennials  around my house were dry and I spent yesterday giving them a soaking.  Sounds strange with how wet its been, but there are large overhangs from my roof, and the gutters direct the water away from the house.   But one clematis is blooming--its a hardy one that must like where it's planted--




I think this is a Nelly Moser--the blossoms are as big as my hand.   The peonies and columbines are blooming--but are pretty ragged after two days of wind/heat.  








6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your clematis is so pretty. We had one in front of our house when we moved in but it wasn't nearly as pretty.

You need a new header picture of the dam with the water boiling out of it the way it is now.

pdudgeon said...

glad for you that after the long Winter, you have some pretty flowers to bring you joy.

Jackie Russell said...

Beautiful clmatis! It looks like a Nelly Mooser to me too.

Katie Z. said...

Lovely... it's cooler and sprinkling today, but our garden could use all your water...

MightyMom said...

oh it's gorgeous!!! love that color.

I have a pot of petunias that if I remember to water them will remember to bloom.

but they don't smell pretty like the ones at the hospital do.....

Stephanie D said...

Gorgeous clematis! I may have to think about some of those next year!