Strange Weather

Thursday, June 9, 2011
Strange weather for South Dakota (or Nebraska).  Its raining and chilly enough at the camper I have the heat on.  56F outside.   Last year I missed the peonies blooming, so I picked a bouquet and took them along.  They smell heavenly and brighten my mood. 


Ken said the local garden man came and tilled my garden.   I will pick up some tomato plants and plant them the next time I go home, with a little luck (and no hail) we will have tomatoes to eat fresh.  Will plant a few cucumbers for eating, and maybe a hill or two of pumpkins.  It may be too late for the pumpkins--not enough growing season left--but I will try. 

No sewing at the moment, those totes are still in the car and I don't feel like getting wet!  What's happening at your house??





4 comments:

pdudgeon said...

well it's only 42 degrees hotter at my house than it is at your camper.all i need is a pool of ice cream, and i'd dive right in.LOL

My Easter Lilies bloomed wonderfully this year. I had 13 buds on the one plant that is 3 years old, and 3 buds on the year old plant. they will probably be done blooming by early next week, and then i get to wait for about 4-6 weeks until my orientpet lilies start blooming.
They are really getting tall. I had to buy 48 inch wire stakes to support them this year, and they're only 2 years old.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

It only made it to 51 degrees here today according to the bank thermometer. Rain. DH said it hailed at the house but I didn't notice it downtown. We had our womans club picnic for us & the families on Tues. night and managed to get between the hot & miserable and chilly & windy. In other words...PERFECT!! How ever did that happen?

Don't worry about not having your garden planted...nothing's growing anyway.

Unknown said...

Strange weather indeed. Atlanta is always hot in the summer, but it has been almost 100 every day for the last two weeks. This is August hot. Very little rain.

MightyMom said...

was it last year or year before you lost everything to 1 big storm?

hope the weather cooperates with your planting plans this year!