Beautiful Monday

Monday, September 12, 2011
Today is a beautiful day, the door is open on my camper and a slight breeze is blowing in.  I can hear the roar of water going over the spillway on the dam and the crickets are busy singing.   The weather is going to change and become cool with perhaps some rain in a few days.  I hate to think that its fall already.  

A few weeks ago a fellow quilter from Yankton called and invited me to a trunk show--I think the local guild in Yankton sponsored it.  Pat Nagle--Eleanor Burns's sister was the speaker.  Lots of quilts and patterns and tools from Quilt in a Day.  But my favorite moment was this---


Pat is talking about this quilt and FORGOT that the gentleman behind the quilt was holding it.  Yes, those are Van's(??) Merrill's(??) legs!  It wasn't quite caught on the top and he's standing behind it with aching arms!   Thank you Jeanette for inviting me!

Lest you think I am slacking off in my quilting--here it the picture of my table today.


I started a baby quilt for "Mason's brother".  Most of the blocks for it are pieced.  Next I worked on the last of my nine patches, I'm sewing them together in pairs.  It was a block a day quilt-a-long from Crazy Mom Quilts.  I had a lot of fun making them--enough for 3 large tops!  These are the last ones.  These all have brown points turning them into Sister's Choice blocks.


I pulled out a UFO stored in the closet in the camper, I thought it needed more sewing, but it's to the pressing stage and needs some background fabric.  None here, it will have to wait.  

On Mason's birthday he baked and decorated a cake with me.  He's good at cracking eggs, loves to run the mixer (grandma helping!) and scraping the bowl.  He picked out some "sprinkles" when we were at the store to put on top the cake.  


Mason sprinkled enthusiastically and dug into the frosting with the jar--then licked the frosting off!  A small hole in the cake--we just added a LOT of sprinkles in that spot!  You can see some of our mess in the background.   

And then a picture of Mason being hugged by grandpa---



Life is good!


6 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Life indeed is good.

Nancy said...

Great moments make wonderful memories.

I like the quilt blocks.

Suzanne said...

Yes you do...congrats!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Quilt fun. Sewing fun. Birthday fun. Sounds great. I HAVE been sluffing off in the sewing dept. Been freezing and canning garden produce instead.

Elaine Adair said...

Nice story of the baking project. Really enjoyed the last photo of Mason with his dear Grandpa. 8-))

MightyMom said...

I can't believe you're still camping!! are you ever going home???


love the blocks.