Motivation Friday

Friday, October 28, 2011
Its been a busy week.  Harvest, errands, sewing, meals and lunches--very busy!!  But "Petey's" top is finished!

Petey's Quilt
I learned that sewing rick rack on a curve is much harder than a straight line.  I used some fancy tools--a plate to mark the vine curves.   A washable glue stick to glue/iron the leaves on--then I sewed them down by machine.  The edges stay stuck down and the glue will wash out.   Its ready for quilting.  The baby is due December 10th.  

This afternoon I plan to quilt on Henrietta's top that is already loaded.  The afternoon sun just makes it easier on my eyes.  (My quilting room has a large west window)  And I will work on my Secret Santa gift this weekend.   The binding I'm saving for when I want to sit in my chair and just enjoy the hand sewing.  I love that part--its relaxing.  

Liz reminded me today that I'm now a "lady in waiting" on the UFO Queen's list.  I've made the top 10!  


Have you been sewing?   





 

9 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Sewing, slowly! I too have a binding to finish, but there doesn't seem to be a "good" time of day to do it. We're busy canning and cleaning up the garden.

The quilt top looks great.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Petey's Quilt turned out so cute. That baby should sleep really good under it.

Being in the top 10 is usually a good thing, but is it in this case?

Nancy said...

I love Petey's Quilt. The vines also remind me of a string of Christmas lights. I can envision this pattern with holiday fabrics.

Sara said...

It really is darling with the Rick rack and leaves added.

Mary Johnson said...

Not today... No sewing now until I get home. I did spend the day at the historical society library. I'm going to miss it.

The top is cute!

Stephanie D said...

Oh, I love this little quilt! The rickrack is adorable!

Suzanne said...

Did some charity baby quilt sewing this week. Your quilt is coming out so nice!

Susan said...

Petey's quilt looks great! I so look forward to meeting you at Pincushion on Tuesday. I'll be leaving here about 8:30 am, I think. I'll call you when I'm about 50 miles away. How's that?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful! It reminds me of Christmas tree lights too!