Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Checking On Weekly Goals

Saturday, October 20, 2012
Brown is one of my favorite colors, so making some brown blocks was easy.  I had to stop myself or I would have made so many blocks I could have done an all brown quilt!

36 Patches

Spinner Blocks

4 Patches
 Check everyone's progress at soscrappy!

My weekly goals??
  1. sew two yo-yo blocks--sort of
  2. lay out Square in a Square blocks--I think I need more
Today I'm going to play in the sewing room.  Its been a while since I made some blocks "just because".  Several quilting programs playing on PBS channels.  Maybe I better not watch--I might be tempted to start a new project!



 

8 comments:

Deb A said...

Wonderful array of brown blocks. I like the idea of a brown 36 patch quilt.... I'll bet it would look wonderful!

Angie said...

All your brown blocks look great. I'm intrigued by the spinner block - don't think I've seen that one before.

Nancy said...

So, what's wrong with making a brown quilt? I think it would be fabulous!

Quilter Kathy said...

These are great blocks! Nice to find a quilter who likes brown and will round out the variety of quilts being made.

Pokey said...

Well, since you named brown as a favorite, I would think you would be pleased with a quilt all in brown! All your squares shown equal up to lots of piecing fun. It's nice to see so much accomplished, good going!
:-}pokey

Elly D said...

All your brown blocks look wonderful! I must try me some spinner blocks one day. I like how they turn out. Sewing just because.. great idea for fun.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love your browns!!!

Lori said...

I'll have to try some browns, I have very little of browns, lots of brights. Can't wait to see what you end up with.