Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, October 7, 2013
Yesterday I worked on these--


The color for October is black/gray--and there is very little black and no gray in my 30's box.  These are for the 2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge at soscrappy.  They are large blocks (18 inch) and my plan is enough blocks for two quilts.  The 30's box is still pretty full, I will make more blocks as needed.  See everyone's design walls at Patchwork Times.

I'm not sure where/what I'll be doing this week.  I only have a couple more days to volunteer--Gov't shutdown etc.  The Gavins Point Project had some leftover funding they are using so although all the campgrounds and the Visitor Center is closed--we are busy cleaning/organizing.  That is what the volunteers do at this time of year anyway so our plans haven't changed.  But when they shut the doors we won't be volunteering.  Wednesday may be the last day. 

Weekly Goals--
  1. Basic Sampler Blocks
  2. YoYos!
That's it, I have too many non-quilty things to do.  When it dries off (its been rainy and damp) we need to be harvesting.  Did you see on your news about the tornadoes at Wayne Ne?  Wayne is not very far from our camper (about 45 miles)!!  Toni, Eddie, and I were in the safety of the administration building--we could see the rotation in the clouds above us.  Hard to think about tornadoes in October, but it does happen.   We just had rain--3.20" from Thursday through Friday evening. 

Fall is here, I hope you have clear skies and gentle breezes where you are! 

 

5 comments:

bunbear said...

glad to hear you stayed safe during the storms! and i really hope the govt gets things sorted out so you don't have to stop working. good luck!

Sara said...

not sure I could find much grey anywhere in my stash. But I sure like how your blocks turned out. I do love black and white.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I'm glad to hear the storms missed you. Missed us too, though a tornado touched down about a mile east of my brother-in-law's house. He's about six miles south of Royal and it was east of there. The one that touched down east of Creighton was just a few miles from my brother's place. A miss is as good as a mile, as they say. Hard to believe another summer is over. I really thought Flicsha & I might get up there to sew with you one day, but alas, we didn't. Between my stupid work schedule and her dizzy spells there isn't much opportunity. Hope the weather stays decent so you and your DH can get the harvesting done.

Nancy said...

Glad that you have a safe place to go in case of storms, especially since you are staying in the camper.

Two snow storms here already and another one predicted for this weekend. Things are pretty wet here for harvest time.

Moneik said...

So glad to hear you are safe and have a place to go away from your camper. We had the mighty blizzard last weekend and are finally out. So much loss it is unbelievable. My dad's wife last close to 20 horses.