Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, October 26, 2013
Since I used up all my black, I decided to make blocks in colors previously used.  Fill out my planned quilts.  Last night I made red blocks--


This week was 4 dark blue, two yellow, two teal, and two red.  With next month's brown blocks and I'll make one more purple block--that will make 40 blocks--enough for two quilts.  The vintage pattern has a small print sashing around the blocks--not sure if I'll add that.  I know I don't have any fabric for it--it would have to be a purchase.  Hmmm.   

And when Mason is helping sew--he hangs "his blocks" on the design wall too.

The 30's box is still quite full.  Only a slight dent in it from Rainbow Scrappy Challenge 2013!  

Are you thinking about next year? I've been thinking Granny blocks--using the Tutorial for Great Granny blocks at Bee in my Bonnet blog.  These blocks finish at 12".  I wanted to join in the Great Granny a Long in 2012--but it will just have to be a 2014 project.  Have you made plans for next year?  See what everyone's been working on at soscrappy.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this block. What is the size of it? Do you know the name of it? How big are the 9 patches?

I just finished a queen-sized great granny a couple of months ago from 30s repros and I love it.

Katie Z. said...

All your blocks have been so wonderful!

I have too many plans for 2013, so I think I need to narrow them down.

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks are looking terrific!
I have been considering many options for RSC 2014, but haven't decided on just one yet.

sara said...

I love your blocks!!!

Ellen said...

I really like your blocks - they look wonderful!

soscrappy said...

Wonderful blocks. The granny block looks like a fun choice for next year.

Sheila said...

Great blocks! Mason's, too : )
I'm thinking about 2014, too. I have some rainbow block projects that I'll going to carry over another year. Example are my scrappy, happy houses I've been making for 2 years. Want to finish enough blocks for a quilt next year. Crossroads, too. Maybe spools. Like to make a quilt of colorful trees with my Tri Recs ruler.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great looking blocks! I've been thinking about granny blocks for 2014 too... it's been great getting ideas from everyone.

Deb A said...

Great looking blocks. Your quilts are going to be beautiful.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking blocks. I have not done much with black this month. I have been looking for ideas for next year.