Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, January 20, 2014
Do you know what these are??


The 4 Patches to Trail Mix.  Two of the five different blocks completed.  I've cut a lot of the pieces needed, but it didn't make much of a dent in the box of civil war repros.   Please see everyone's design wall at Patchwork Times.

Last week's goals went pretty well.  Quilted the black/red top, made Rainbow Scrappy blocks, finished Mt Hood sub-pieces, and worked on Trail Mix blocks.  Didn't cut the alternate blocks for Summer at the Lake and haven't decided on how to finish the yellow Irish chain.  Sorted last year's Rainbow Scrappy blocks into two groups/two quilts.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Lay out/start sashing one set of 30's blocks
  2. Piece a backing/ready a top for quilting
  3. Machine sew binding on black/red quilt
  4. Sew Mt Hood bits into blocks
  5. Trail Mix blocks
  6. Work on Yellow Irish Chain
  7. Summer at the Lake setting blocks
Lots of variety for this week.  I know there is a belated Christmas party later this week, and I'm not sure if Ken has any road trips planned.  We missed most the bad weather last week, high winds but no snow here.  

Hey, if I finish the black/red quilt that means I can START another one!!  I saw a scrappy Burgoyne Surrounded that was gorgeous.  I know, I know--I need to wait and see how much I really want to make it.  Avoid magpie syndrome. 

Are you working on a special project?  Maybe you pulled out a UFO?  Or, maybe a NEW project??  

How can two people have so much laundry, and why does Ken always run out of socks??  Is there a sock thief?  If there is I think he takes showers at our house and uses at least 10 towels.

   


13 comments:

Nann said...

Your TM fabrics are a great assortment! I look forward to seeing your progress along the trail.

Rhonda said...

I love the scrappiness of the Trail Mix blocks. So far I've resisted jumping in on this one but I sure do like it!

pdudgeon said...

wow, you are really getting lots of things done, Lori!
I'm determined to get this flannel thing that i've got going into a top this week. And i found 3 more yards of the flannel background that i'm using for my next quilt online, and on sale. Yep, i snagged that lot up by golly. It's not often that you find that much old fabric that you really need when you really need it. so the good news is that now (when it comes in the mail) i'll have enough fabric for the second flannel quilt, which will be the backing (reversable) for the first flannel quilt.
happy quilting, Lori!

Libby in TN said...

Every Trail Mix I've seen has been gorgeous, but I haven't been moved to make one -- so much cutting. Maybe if I did it as a leader-ender project. Hmmm.....

Denise :) said...

Your project is looking good! Congrats on a week of well-accomplished goals. I know what you mean about laundry. It's just my DH and I and the laundry is *never* ending. I used to think it was my kids (especially my son) who caused it....now I'm thinking there's another culprit!! :)

Teri said...

Love the pieces you have started for your quilt. I share your dismay over the laundry (I do at least 3 loads a day with my family). Keep up the good work on your goals.

Anonymous said...

Now I have to read back and find out about this Trail Mix project. You are accomplishing a lot, and I'm on stall. =)

Cheryl said...

I love looking at a pile of blocks and I always check to see if you have any of my scraps in your blocks.....yes, there are a couple I recognise. My Trail Mix is coming slowly since it is my leader ender for Patchwork Park. I have a few of each but a long way to go.
Good list, you're getting a lot done.

Nancy said...

Great variety of color and texture in your fabrics. This will be a fun one to watch progress.

I have too many UFOs to even count (both knitting and quilting). It's time to get something done.

Sara said...

Your scrappy projects always inspire me to keep working on that scrap bin in my sewing room.

I worked on 2 projects this weekend - a new one and a UFO. My UFO will be a flimsy soon! Yay! And the new project will be done today because I'm going to add the las 2 buttons this afternoon.

Kathie said...

I am firmly convinced that both washers and dryers eat socks and the cat also must hide some because we are also always out.

Bonnie said...

Love the Magpie comment... I always think of myself as a raccoon. Same idea though -- ooh shiny thing here, shiny thing there. You have an interesting start for your scrap quilt. Good job getting your goals done!

sewspeciallady said...

You are working hard and fast. Granddaughters were here last weekend and quilted their 3 quilts- They are awesome learners - just have to watch and help a little. Yahoo will not let me send e-mails to the group again. Quilting a baby quilt from 1999? time to finish UFO'S= the rosebud print I bought when we shopped.
Enjoy your day
Sew Piecefully
Lorri- 2R's in IA