Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, August 8, 2015
A few more blocks--


The last of the reds mixed with some blacks and gray.  A few light monkey wrenches for variety.  Please see what everyone has been working on at SoScrappy.

Thursday a priority mail box was waiting for me.




You can see I opened it immediately!  Inside was a LOT of fabric!



Look at all of it!  A wonderful variety, lots of fondling and petting of fabric!  I was as happy as a cat in a bed of catnip!  How much was in the box?  I weighed it--9#--or close to 30 yards.  Why did I get it?  A challenge with a few friends.  We sent one person three fabrics to be used in a quilt.  The three I received are these--


Oranges and browns and golds and greens!  Some of my FAVORITE colors.   I especially love paisley.  The challenge is to use the three fabrics in a project.  It has to be at least 40" square.  That's it.  Isn't it a great challenge??!!   And since I didn't pay anything for this fabric I won't put it on my stash report.  Don't worry, I bought plenty of fabric last week.  

~LORI~

10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great blocks and what a FUN box of scrappiness!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I get the part about the challenge, but I missed how you ended up with a BOX FULL of fabric. Whatever the case, congrats on your influx of scrappy goodness!!

Cathy said...

Those are the cutest churn dashes! Good luck on the challenge!

Katie Z. said...

You are as rich as a queen!

Kate said...

How fun! Now you have lots of new fabrics to play with.

gayle said...

Nine pounds of fabric?!? Wow...
I love your RSC blocks, as always. (I'm such a sucker for nine patches.)

Deb A said...

Lucky you! Your monkey wrenches looks great.

LA Paylor said...

any day the mail carrier delivers fabric is a good day

Tired Teacher said...

Great-looking blocks!

What fun to receive a box filled with a variety of prints and colors.

Sheila said...

SCORE! Lots of lovelies in that box.
Great looking blocks, too.