Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 22, 2016
Sunday I sewed a sample block--


Its for the quilt "Jared Takes a Wife" by Bonnie Hunter.  In April I'm taking her class.  This block has browns, oranges, and pinks with neutrals.  I think the colors will work, I just have to be careful with the color/value of the star points against the puss in corner squares.  All the brown diamonds and the star points will be the same fabric within each block.  The squares of orange and pink and neutrals will be random as will be the center square.  I've been pulling neutrals from the box of neutrals I bought a few months ago--


Plenty of variety in that pile.

Alletaire made an appearance, I'm determined to finish it before I take Bonnie's class.



These blocks are finished.  Whew!  I think I'm going to really like this quilt when its done.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Stash Report

Stash In--7.75 yards yds (chicken fabric!!)
Stash out--11.00 yds
Stash in YTD--23.00 yds
Stash out YTD--17.00 yds
Stash is ahead 6.00 yds!
Weekly Goals

Load a top on the Princess
Finish more Alletaire blocks
Find backing for 4 patch/guild squares top
Put another set of blocks on the design wall
Hand sew more binding
Look at Beach Party

Last week I accomplished all my goals except for Beach Party.  It was hung behind something else and its "out of sight, out of mind!"  Being Nurse Ratched keeps me close to home and I do lots of sewing.  Ken has been cranky, but I've threatened to smother him sans lobotomy and he's working at being more cheerful.  I also bribed him with ooey gooey rice krispie bars, French dip sandwiches with mashed potatoes, root beer floats, and a few cookies.  He's finally getting his appetite back. 

Its going to be warm this week.  At least warmer than it has been.  April can't get here fast enough!  

~LORI~

7 comments:

Nann said...

I like the colorway for the Jared's Wife quilt. Where will Bonnie's workshop be held? Hope you're able to bust some stash this week!

Sara said...

Interesting block and it will be fun to see what the quilt itself will look like. Lucky you to take a class with Bonnie teaching.

My Allietare is kind of stalled out. The star blocks are all made, and the other blocks are "in progress" but I got tired of the colors and have been playing with other things again. Hopefully I'll just keep finishing a few blocks at a time, slow but steady.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Great block and I know you'll have tons of fun in Bonnie's class. She's wonderful. And her Alletaire! So beautiful, as yours will be when done. You're almost there!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

A girl can never have too many neutrals!!

Allietare is on my list...along with lots of others. I'm sure you will enjoy Bonnie's class.

Katie Z. said...

It's looking good!

Tired Teacher said...

Always good to have a specific date when working on a big project. Bonnie's class will be a great time to reveal your mystery quilt.

Vic in NH said...

What a beautiful sample block! And a great use for those gorgeous neutrals that we all drooled over, too. So glad that Ken has been on the mend and not quite so cranky/needy as he was right after his surgery. I bought one of those new Gotham City titanium-ceramic finish frying pans and found that it's lightweight and shatterproof for bopping a husband over the head.