Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 8, 2016
The Star Struck blocks are now a flimsy--


A narrow border in blue will finish it.  I'll search the stash for some this week.  Please see everyone's design walls at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Quilt a top
Reassess Alletaire
Border on Star Struck and Binding
Mindless Piecing Project
Top from guild kit
Binding
Look in closet for blocks in rows
Pick projects to take to Sew In on Saturday  

Lorri2Rs and I are going to a Sew In on Saturday.  We went last year, it was a lot of fun.  I'll take easy projects, there are lots of people and small workshops so nothing too challenging.  For me its the socializing.

Ken is recovering from his shoulder surgery.  A tear, a spur and something else, I forgot what the surgeon said.

The wind is howling here.  High winds with icy roads and blowing snow in parts of the state have cars being blown off the road.  A good reason to stay in and sew.  
We watched the Super Bowl but didn't see any spectacular commercials.  I watched for the half time entertainment--I'm a fan of Coldplay, Beyonce, and Bruno Mars.  Lady Gaga is a favorite too.  

February has me longing for spring.  Time to check seed catalogs, there are a few specialty seeds I want to order. 

~LORI~

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Star Struck looks fantastic!

Have fun at the sew-in

Katie Z. said...

Way to go! I love your Star Struck.

I watched only the last four minutes of the Super Bowl and spent the rest of the time tidying up and hand quilting in peace.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Ah, yes. The howling wind. Hope it's quiet tomorrow. Love your patriotic Star Struck. It's a pattern I want to make sometime. The sew-in sounds like fun. Our newest quilt group member has a cabin at the river and she thinks it would be great fun if we all spent a few days there and just sewed our brains out. We are going to have to make some serious plans!

Kim said...

Great quilt!

Vic in NH said...

Glad to hear that Ken is out of the surgery and on the mend. Your top is really wonderful and makes me want to do one of my own, but of course, you are always inspiring me!

Sara said...

Star Struck is really beautiful. Wow!

Drove in that wind all the way to Pierre early this morning. It has stopped blowing for now. And I'm hoping the snow stays away until I get home tomorrow. Sick of winter driving already.