Rainbow Scrappy Saturday--Orange

Saturday, April 16, 2016
Two more orange Jacob's Ladder blocks--


Orange is one of my favorite colors--there will be more orange used next week!  Please see everyone's orange projects at SoScrappy.

This week I finished a quilt--remember the guild "kit"?  


Its 75" x 84" and I'll estimate it used 11 yards.  The B/W 4 patches were found while organizing in the sewing room, so this quilt also qualifies as a UFO finish.  Its being donated to a boys group home.  One of my goals this year is to make/donate "boy" quilts.  What size do you make teenager quilts?  I know where I donate these there are Xlong twin beds.  

Its getting warmer--finally!  Ken and I spent two afternoons pulling out a 75 foot row of lilacs.  We'd planned to remove the dead parts and trim them back, but after we started we realized the shrubs were mostly dead with lots of root rot. Not sure if we will replant lilacs or another shrub.  

I'm ready to think about flowers, garden, and volunteering.  

~LORI~




10 comments:

Judy said...

Jacobs Ladder is one of my favorite blocks and it is looking good with the orange. I am also making boy quilts for the RSC project, but crib size. It's been a challenge!

LA Paylor said...

love orange!

Tired Teacher said...

The B/W four patches were perfect for the boy quilt: it's a great finish.

Kat Scribner said...

Great scrappy quilt, Lori. It looks so comfy and just what a quilt should be , makes me wonder why we choose to do those complicated designs.

Sara said...

That quilt is just gorgeous! Another scrappy masterpiece. And it does have a masculine look to it. Where do you donate your quilts?

gayle said...

That's a beautiful 4patch quilt! (I'm making a mental note of how much I like it. Collecting 4patch settings here.) Someone is going to be very very happy to have it!
Love those scrappy Jacob's Ladders, too. I'm really looking forward to the finish on that one!

Sheila said...

Love your Jacob blocks. They are on my bucket list.
LOVE your boy friendly quilt. Good size. I also try to make several boy or guy friendly charity quilts each year. No pink, little or no purple or flower prints. Baby quilts, child size and older kids. Different sizes. But for the older boys, I try to think long because the older boys are usually taller. Our guild's suggested universal size for one charity is 48" x 64". They ask that we sometime add a border or two for the older, taller kids. I hear they will take any size.

Peggyinno said...

Lori, I finally found you!! I'll explain! I saw your Jacob's Ladder blocks awhile back and really liked how you incorporated the RSC color of the month, so I started making my own and have been wanting to tell you THANK YOU for the inspiration! JL has been on my to do list for a long time!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Kit Quilt turned out beautifully. Congrats! on your finish.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your boy quilt turned out very well. It should suit a boy nicely, but at the rate they grow, I guess the longer the better. I do Project Linus boy quilts for sick young kids, more or less toddlers on up to ten or so. Seems I just like colorful boy type fabrics and there are so many out there. Good luck with your future projects.