Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, April 4, 2016
Currently Bricks & Stepping Stones are on the wall--


I'll study them and sew them together.  I need to get them off the wall so I can play with these--


Album blocks--there are 84 to plan with.  I will need to make one more to round the numbers out.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Barn Dance Step Two
Jacob's Ladder blocks
Bricks & Stepping Stones 
Make Alletaire binding
Hand sew more binding
Quilt a top
Last week's goals were a bust!  Life just got busy, I did lots of sewing but nothing on my list.  That's okay, progress is progress!   So the same goals again this week.   I did quilt a QOV for my guild.  Its trimmed and the binding sewn on, I'll pass it to someone else at the next guild meeting.  
Saturday we celebrated Maxwell's first birthday--
Mason, Maxwell, and Asher
We offered to take Maxwell home with us, but Mason didn't want him to go.  He volunteered Asher instead!  Aren't big brothers great?

Sunday I did very little.  Pressed a wide backing.  Washed a few loads of laundry.  Cut/slid the batting for the next quilt on the Princess, its ready to go.  And I did what was suggested on the inside of a Dove chocolate--"Give Yourself the Day Off!"  

The weather turned much warmer, I don't think it will last but Spring will get here soon.  The peonies are coming up and the grass is getting green.  

~LORI~

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Ooh, look at all those Album blocks! I need to make some more, as the scrap bins are getting full again. I'm planning to start a project using "bricks" but I'm still cutting and trimming. I've had a QOV on the table that needs the binding tacked. I can't get motivated to actually do it.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You have three such handsome grandsons! How come the little one isn't covered in that blue icing? Somebody needs to teach him that technique. hehe

Bricks & Stepping stones is just one of those patterns that always looks good isn't it? I made a Zipper quilt for Holden and I think it would make a good scrappy quilt too, with the bricks in multi-color scraps and neutral square, maybe plain muslin strips running length wise. Will have to try it when I get a few other things under control.

Apricots are blooming, Asian Pears are on the brink....it's sure to frost again soon.

Got my wheels back today...transmission cooling lines replaced and refilled with fluid to the tune of $340. Hope it runs for a long time. I really hate driving that tiny Metro.

Sara said...

Such good looking boys! They grow too fast, don't they?

I have a bricks and stepping stones started with only a handful of blocks sewn. Another of those UFOs hanging around.

Vic in NH said...

I'm joining Sara's comments by chiming in that I, too have my third or fourth Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt half done and abandoned. Yours looks wonderful! Thanks for the picture that puts faces on the boys, they are each a Charming Prints!