Design Wall Monday and Weekly goals

Monday, May 2, 2016
Barn Dance blocks are on my wall--



39 six inch blocks are done.  Whew!  I made a few mistakes as I went--

But I fixed it--


Once in a while I don't see the mistake.  Sally T politely asked if the "broken ladder" was a design element?  (Top left hand block)


AAACCCKKKK--NO!!  Thank you Sally T!!  I am very happy when someone points these mistakes out to me!  I might complete a quilt and never notice.  (Remember the Ribbons quilts?)  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals

Borders on one top
Green Jacob's Ladder blocks
Fold more stash and put it away
Quilt a top
4 patches for another Bricks & Stepping Stones top

Its looking to be a busy week.  The rain has stopped, but the lawn has standing water in places.  Luckily we have no water in our basement.  Most our neighbors have hoses to the street.  I need to clean the camper and get it ready to take to Yankton. So I'll take it as it comes, can't do much about the weather anyway.  

~LORI~



11 comments:

Nann said...

You're making great progress on your projects! And now your blog header matches the flowers outside.

Quilter Kathy said...

I usually don't notice block mistakes until I see them on the computer.
These are fun block collections!

sunny said...

It's easier to see the mistakes sometimes after you take the picture. Ask me how I know. Well done with all your blocks.

Anonymous said...

Love all the scrappiness going on in your Barn Dance blocks!

Sara said...

I drove through Parkston this morning - twice - and there is a bit of standing water in the area. Also between Parkston and Mitchell a lot of full road ditches.

I know that I often find my mistakes AFTER I photograph them. There is just something about taking a picture that helps me find mistakes and even see place where my contrast isn't quite right or the colors aren't quite right. So I photograph nearly everything now for that reason even if I'm not posting it on my blog.

Tired Teacher said...

I've made my share of blocks with turned pieces and usually catch them in a photograph.

Love all the churn dash blocks.

The sun is FINALLY shining today after a week of snow, rain and snow/rain mix. I'm ready for some color, blooms, and warmer temps.

Sandi1100 said...

Your blocks are beautiful! Do you volunteer at a National Park?

Sally Trude said...

I was just in the middle of today's post when I noticed that one of the bunnies has a mangled foot which means I get to reinsert a tiny rectangle into the middle of the quilt top. Oh well. So yes, photographs are very helpful for giving new eyes to the project.

Nancy said...

Your Jacob's Ladder blocks are beautiful! I love the colors you used and the scrappiness of them.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Vic in NH said...

Thank goodness for the fix-ups! so easy to fix now when unquilted. I'm following your Barn Dance progress with interest. I like what I see on your design wall but I don't care for the designer's layout but dunno why.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohmy gosh - broken ladder - I LOVE it!!! Your progress is looking great!