Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, May 28, 2016
I made six Jacob's Ladder blocks with green but I can't find the picture!  But I used a bit of green in my Barn Dance blocks--


Look carefully--there are bits of green in several blocks!  These are the 1/16th measurement blocks for Step 4.  Here are all my blocks so far--


These blocks went so fast!  Does it seem like that to anyone else??  Please see everyone's green projects at SoScrappy

Life has been crazy busy!  I'm volunteering again but we are still planting crops.  Its rained and the fields are too wet to work so I'm sewing at the camper.  I took a few pics while I was "farming".


This old cemetery is found along a dirt road.  Sprinkled through the cemetery and ditch are these purple iris from long ago.  There must have been a church at one time, the concrete steps are still in the fence line.  Although the names on the headstones are common to the area, I have no idea who they were or what the church name was. 

One evening when leaving the field I noticed the moon was coming up.  


The evening was hazy and I liked the way the trees and bins set off the moon.

My Nelly Moser clematis is blooming--






The blossoms are about the size of my hand.  I love the stripes on the flowers. 

There hasn't been much time to sew, today its overcast and sometimes we get short periods of scattered sprinkles.  Beautiful weather, about 70F right now with a slight breeze.  The windows are open and I did a bit of unpacking in the camper. 




Here is my 401a set up in my camper.  

I hope for more consistent blogging when life settles down.  I have tomatoes to plant (but no garden spot tilled yet) and my flower pots are still empty.  The bird feeders are up and the finches are greedy things--empty a sock almost every day!  The orioles are eating grape jelly and the hummingbirds keep looking for a feeder.  Last year the wasps found my hummer feeder so I am considering not putting it out. 

~LORI~

10 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

It looks way to neat in that sewing machine area, Lori. lol

The Joyful Quilter said...

WOW!!! I can't believe how much you've done on your Barn Dance quilt. Nice work!! I'm looking forward to getting a better start on mine next month.

Deb A said...

Nice job on your blocks. Your bush flower is gorgeous. Love the shading on it.

Sara said...

We''ve had 1.5" rain today on top of what we got yesterday too. But the sun just came out finally. Not much sewing will happen this weekend as we have Sophia while Laura's family moves back to Sioux Falls. They are staying with us tonight, then tomorrow will go to SF and do some last minute cleaning at the new place, then the movers will unload Monday morning.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I enjoyed all your photos! Your Barn Dance quilt looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

PaulaB quilts said...

I know nothing about the Barne Dance quilt, but it looks very ambitious. I do know about irises however, and those appear to be lovely hybrids that have survived, as you thought. The two tones and the bushy white beards are special. That Nellie Mosser is one of my favorites also. Enjoy your lovely little sewing nook.

scraphappy said...

It sounds like all that rain will be good for the garden, if only you can get it in. Love the blocks in multiple sizes -- such fun.

Katie Z. said...

Your barn dance blocks look fabulous. I AM going to make it, just not yet!

Magpie Sue said...

Barn Dance is a great name for the quilt you're building. I may have to borrow that in the future. Good luck with the "farming" when you finally get to it. :-)

Sandi1100 said...

Your sewing machine looks right at home there! Beautiful blocks and flowers. I enjoy reading your Blog.