Sunday Stash Report

Monday, March 10, 2008

I finished the wedding quilt. It's king sized, lots of piecing, so I would guess it used 22 yards. No purchases. The only piece I had to buy was a yard to bind it. But I bought the binding almost a year ago, so guess that it's really part of my stash! It's been great to have DD and DSIL visiting this weekend, they leave in the morning. We've been so busy I've forgotten to take any pictures! I used the Corner Signature 9 patch pattern on Quilter's Cache. That made it easy to be made scrappy in Laura Beth's colors--blues and purples--along with a few others to keep it from being boring. And I could get the signature pieces ready to go without putting the blocks together. With all the traveling to different showers/towns, only one block had to be redone, the writing was too close to the seams. We used pigma pens and I ironed Kona Snow to freezer paper portions to be signed. My best friend was in charge at the wedding, she had a list of names and got the last ones!! Tomorrow I work on the history part of it (who all the people are that signed it and their relationship to the couple) We "gave" Laura Beth a Lane cedar chest for college graduation.
They are house hunting, so hopefully there will be room for a cedar chest with the quilt inside soon!


2 comments:

SueR said...

Your quilt is really pretty, I love the purples. 22 yards is quite a bit to bust, way to go!

JuJu said...

Lori, beautiful quilt, beautiful daughter and hubby! So glad you got the quilt finished!!!