Bricks and Stepping Stones Quilt

Wednesday, April 16, 2008


Today I finished the first Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt. (Thank you Bonnie!!) I have two sets of blocks, I participated in an internet swap for them. There are so many blocks I made them into two quilts, instead of one ginormous one! Some of these blocks came from as far away as Europe and Australia, so it is very special to me. I pondered choosing the thread color, shouldn't have worried, you can't see it anyway!! On the back where there is grey/blue fleece, the thread disappears. And on the front, well, let's just say the front is a little busy!! I quilted this with the "Wandering Daisies" panto, it was fun and I think it will go well on many quilts.

Yesterday I dropped off quilts for Project Linus and at the local VA. Sigh, I miss them, but soon someone else will enjoy them. I have a couple to drop off at a cancer treatment center. Starting to look a little empty around here, I better get sewing!

3 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a beautiful 'Stepping Stones' quilt and special memories of your swap! I like the panto you did. very nice.

Is your cleaning done? I finished the main level...onto the lower level :)

SueR said...

I like this pattern so much! Every one I've ever seen just looks fabulous including yours. It's on my long list of Quilts I Want To Make.

JuJu said...

Wow Lori, you've done it again. I do like Wandering Daisies, I could probably do the one! Keep up the good work!!