Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, April 13, 2008


This week I have a finish--the light/dark string quilt--for about 8 yards. I really like it, it is very soft and cuddly with the fleece on the back. It will be donated to the VA nursing home near me. I did buy 2 yards of fleece and am already using it, it's the backing for a bricks and stepping stones quilt--FOR ME!! I have it loaded on the long arm, and hopefully it will be done by next week.

Goals, yes Judy, that's a good idea. Hmmm, I tend not to think in "yards" but as "projects". My goal is to FINISH a project a month for the rest of the year, using mostly stash fabrics. Not little projects, twin size or bigger maybe??

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The man-ly string quilt turned out very handsome :) I also think in terms of 'quilts done' and not 'yards used' but sometimes I'm scrambling on a Sunday to meet a goal set for the week before (ie...the floral disappeating 9patch :) )

Vicki W said...

I love that quilt!! I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing these string quilts.

SueR said...

What a different arrangement for a string quilt, it looks wonderful! Good amount of stash busted too.

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great Lori, I can just imagine how cuddly it is with the fleece backing.

Alycia said...

Beautiful!!! I am amazed at how different these quilts can look! Great job.

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough dark and light-ta-lishious! I love this string quilt!!! and ever since seeing it done this way last year - it has been on my whish list. ;)

Great job! ~bonnie