Thursday Woes

Thursday, February 18, 2010
Well, not THAT big a woe!  My notebook computer has a tummyache and will go to the computer Dr. tomorrow.  Not a big problem, since he said he would fix it while I wait.  Just an inconvenience and a dent in the $$$$.

Although I haven't finished anything, I have done some sewing.  I pieced a backing for my Japanese Royalty top--I forgot I had an oriental print that was big enough I could use it.  It's brown with oriental people on it.  And I pieced a backing for the blue top, I found two blues that were compatible and pieced them together.  The border I used on the blue top was out of some OLD stash, so old I don't remember anything about it.  There is enough of it left I will be able to make the binding, and then it will be gone except for scraps.  All of this was from stash, so I'm feeling all virtuous now!

Today the weather was warmer, I just checked the thermometer, and it's almost 35 degrees.  Heat wave!  This morning my dad drove over to drop something off.  I like to go outside to wait when he does this, so he doesn't have to get out of his car and walk on the ice.  Would you like to see what I wear on my feet in weather like this?
It's warm enough I don't have on my wool socks.  I took a few more snow pictures--the neighbors were having a hard time shoveling to their houses and had a loader come dig out their sidewalk.

There is a blue house on the corner, the snow is as high as the roof edge.  Remember I said the snow beside the sidewalk was as high as my hips?

There's the path to my ramp and deck.  

Next I will try to find something for a small border on the red/white bricks and stepping stones.  Or maybe make those two pillowcases!
 

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow, summer is almost there!

pdudgeon said...

looks like you have a fresh export market for some snow removal to the Winter Olympics games in Vancover, Canada! I've never seen snow that deep before!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Snow Sandals!!! Must be a sign of Spring. I'm getting desperate for signs of Spring. The snow sure is piling up. I drove around town a little bit and was amazed. This is snow like we had when I was a kid.

You're really making progress on your quilting projects. I wish I could say the same for me.

MightyMom said...

it's 35 degrees and you're out there in sandals??!!


you're a fruitcake girl.

Stephanie D said...

Now I remember why we chose NM instead of North Dakota all those years ago. They've GOT to be worse off than you and your snow drifts are demoralizing!