Am I Alone??

Friday, June 11, 2010
What is your favorite type of project to work on?  I know I prefer scrappy quilts to any others. 
 Six quilts from the rack--5 scrappy--1 r/w quilt



So I did a quick survey.   12 scrappy quilts, 4 controlled color.  Flimsies waiting, 15 scrappy, 2 controlled!  Get my calculator out......82% of the time it's a scrappy project.  Only 12% of my projects are controlled.   I issued a challenge for the year, and I haven't started it myself!  Do you remember it?

January 20th, 2010 post--
 
And remember when I challenged you to "get out of your rut"?   I picked a fabric I probably would NEVER choose.  




It's a peachy pink coral--not a color I would EVER choose.  And the coordinating fabric is brown and gold with the coral in it.  Not a speck of green! 

I love this fabric.  Why do I find it so hard to start that quilt?  And I need to have it done by the end of the year!






 

8 comments:

pdudgeon said...

i think my quilt percentages are just about the opposite of yours, and it's the scrappy ones that i'm putting off till last to do! if i get every quilt made that i have planned i will wind up with lots of scraps, but fortunately i have some patterns designed just for scrappy quilts, so i think i'll be ok.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

my quilting runs in *waves*...like i might make a lot of rwb then 2 color then controlled then scrappy...i guess i make certain types of quits then when i gt bored~I move on :)

Crafty Maine Mom said...

If I don't like the quilt it becomes a UFO and I have a really hard time getting back to it.

I am finishing all my UFOs (2 more to go) and I will not start a quilt that I don't love. Life is too short.

That being said I love modern fabrics used in traditional patterns sometimes made wonky.

Katie Z. said...

I do lots of scrappy too!

Unknown said...

Currently I am going through a scrappy phase. I like both. I am trying to use up some of my stash, therefore scrappy wins at the moment.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like scrappy too - do you need a bribe to start on that quilt? Chocolate?

Silverthimble said...

My favorite type of quilt is scrappy too! I really enjoy working on the paper bag type of scrap quilt where you pull your next piece of fabric randomly from a paper bag--unless you have just used that fabric, you must use it and can't put it back.

MightyMom said...

oh I love those colors!!

I dunno if I have a favorite thing....I tend to be "given" quilt ideas as whole entities...I've never done a scrappy quilt. Maybe I should try one....Lord knows I have enough scraps!!