Motivation Monday

Monday, June 28, 2010
Another busy week scheduled.  I haven't any spare time in it.  Maybe if I'm not too tired in the evenings after volunteering I will sew.  Well, if I don't READ!  I love to read.  My favorite genre is paranormal books.  You know--vampire, psychic, werewolf.  Fiction!!    History books that aren't too "dry".  Sometimes history books read like insurance actuary tables.   A favorite book I read at the Visitor Center is




Part biography, part history.  I live not far from Choteau Creek.  I've probably driven past where this author grew up.  Biographies--I like them too. One is


 
Did you know Tom Brokaw grew up in South Dakota?  And he also gave tours of Gavin's Point Dam?  Or that he once sold suits in Yankton South Dakota?  

If there is a quilty book by or about someone in the Midwest--will someone please tell me?  

2 comments:

Jay in Nebraska said...

How about the biography of Nebraska's Queen of Quilting, called No Time On My Hands by Grace McCance Snyder and her daughter Nellie Snyder Yost.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I can't help you out, but the one about Grace Snyder sounds good to me.