Motivation Friday

Friday, February 25, 2011
A lot of machine piecing this week. 16 full bobbins were used. The chunky churn dashes are in rows on the design wall.

As soon as these blocks are sewn into a top, I will put my Sister's Choice blocks up. I have decided that 72 blocks will be the right size. Got all those little brown points done this week.

Another Magic Star block is cut out but not made. My UFO work this week was Jay's 7 Sister's blocks. They had some bad age spots, so I soaked them in OxyClean. Jay--I think those blocks lived through the Dust Bowl, the water was BROWN!! I'll look at them closer when they are dry.


My attention was distracted by Helen and Mereth. I kept moving my basket of noodles and they were CRYING and BEGGING to be sewn into a quilt. Those noodles were peeking over my shoulder while blog reading!

Scrappy Trip Around the World from Quiltville. I just need two more blocks. A few more pieces sewn to the Beyond the Cherry Trees blocks, but none finished.

Its been snowing off and on, but not a lot. Its cold. 0F. I guess I'll just keep sewing where it's warm.






8 comments:

pdudgeon said...

my goodness, you certainly have been busy! I love how those chunky churn dash blocks look on point, and your sister's choice blocks are a great way to use up the 9 patches. I hear you on the strings as well. my drawer is starting to get a bit full of strips too, so it won't be long until i have to do something with them.

Nancy said...

You had great progress this week!

Katie Z. said...

That is a LOT of sewing!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Sixteen bobbins....wow. You've been sewing up a storm!! (Hey, maybe THAT'S why it keeps snowing.)

I finally got the borders on the UFO I was working on. Now on to piecing a back & getting it quilted.

I recognize that green in the top Sister's Choice block...you sent me a piece of it a couple years ago from your NEBRASKA mailbox.

MightyMom said...

oxyclean won't hurt the fabric??

Suzanne said...

Goodness gracious...that's alot of sewing...have to rename you Super Sew Woman!

Stephanie D said...

I like those chunky churn dashes!

I won't mention how nice the weather has been this week....

Susan said...

You've really been clearing out those blocks! I love sister's choice. It's about my favorite block, I think.