Thursday

Thursday, February 3, 2011
Les the handyman finished today at our house.  Our main bathroom has a new toilet and sink.  This project began because the sink needed a new faucet.  

A pedestal sink--I've always wanted one.  Painting isn't done, I'm still thinking about colors.  And I hate to paint.


Next Les moved the old sink and toilet to the basement.   Added a "shower in a box".  


Nothing fancy.   Needs a mirror and a place to hang your towels.   Worried about privacy?  There's a locking door to that room you don't see.  If you want to peep in that window--you have to lay in a flower bed and crink your neck down in the window well.  Requires a dedicated peeper!

(Psst--the REAL reason Ken wanted a bathroom in the basement was for DD and her husband.  They travel with lots of HAIR PRODUCTS and now they won't have to carry them up and down the stairs.)


This is the last of my 9 patches (I hope) and I'm using Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Sister's Choice for setting them.   I think brown star points unify them and tame some of the wilder 9 patches. 




What have you been working on??






 

11 comments:

Jay in Nebraska said...

Nice bathroom Lori, and I love your nine patches, but then again, I've never meet a nine patch I didn't like!

Katie Z. said...

What fun! I'm working on LOTS of handquilting since it's hard to run a sewing machine in bed!

Nancy said...

Great-looking blocks. Nice Job.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love your "wild nine-patches." I think I'm suffering from the quilting doldrums. Have to force myself to do anything quilty so not much gets done.

Nice bathrooms. I got a big pedestal sink when we redid ours. Love it. That project started with a rotted out floor around the toilet & the need for a new faucet on a very old sink. Things kind of snowball, ya know?

Pattilou said...

Haven't visited your blog for awhile and I love what you've been doing--both with the new bathroom and the wild nine patches. I hadn't thought of doing them that way and that is a super idea. Nine patches are fun and the stars are a super bonus!

pdudgeon said...

that looks like a great quilt pattern for scraps!

I'm working on a strip quilt called "All Stars" by Cozy Quilt Designs (www.cozyquilt.com). It's all strips,and just like a big puzzle where the pieces form the whole. i'm laying it out on my cutting table and working a block at a time to make sure i've got everything oriented the right way.

JuJu said...

Hey Lady ... we are thawing out from the storm this week! I hope this is the last storm before spring comes!! I have a fancy basement bathroom too!! Better than the ole outhouse!! LOLOL I agree with Jay, love those 9 patches!

Kim said...

Your new bathroom looks just great! Making a bathroom space for the kiddos is a great idea. Painting is not my favorite thing to do either - and so because I am supposed to be painting I am sewing instead! Happy sewing! :-D

Tins and Treasures said...

Hi, Lori,
Your new bathroom fixtures look so clean and crisp. And I'm so glad you are now set up for your family to visit...

Enjoy the warmer weather today...I understand that it is not going to last long! Happy Weekend ~Natalie

pcflamingo said...

Oh my, your bathroom project made me laugh! Ending up with a new toilet & sink because you "needed a new faucet" is JUST like a project my husband would have done. Nice looking bathroom, and I like your nine-patches too (I'm with Jay in Nebraska - I haven't seen a nine patch I don't like).

MightyMom said...

you're gonna need to install a SHELF for all those hair products!!