Motivation Update

Saturday, February 5, 2011
Some sewing done this week.  I have 14 Sister's Choice blocks put together from my 9 patches.   I think the brown works well, what do you think??



There may not be enough of this brown, but I can always use another brown.  

Laid the log cabin blocks out but didn't like ANY of the ways I laid them.  Set them aside for now.

Still working on the Cherry Tree #5.  I'll work on it more this weekend.

The weather warmed up for a few days, but it's going to get cold again.  The best thing, I know we are getting closer to spring.  Remember--warm breezes.  Green grass.  Lawn chairs.   I am so ready for spring!


 


 




'

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, indeed, the brown works great with these nine-patch blocks. Nice Job

pdudgeon said...

those blocks are looking great! i'm always amazed at how a little thing like whether there's a dark or a light square in the corner makes a nine patch look like a whole different block, LOL.
but great going on getting all those blocks done!

Jay in Nebraska said...

They look great Lori, and if you run out another brown will just add depth to the quilt. And I know how to fix the log cabin blocks problem, send them to me to assemble! I have done that before, traded UFO's and its quite fun!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You aren't the only one ready for Spring, Lori. Snowing here again right now & supposed to snow tomorrow too. DH is just telling me that it's supposed to get cold next week too.

I like the Sister's Choice blocks with the brown. If you think you might run out of the brown, start using other browns now & mix them all up. Nobody will know you didn't plan it that way.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I like your Sister's Choice--have always liked that block but haven't yet made a quilt out of it.
I too am eager for spring!