Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, December 26, 2011
It's a design floor here in Minnesota.   I've been working on Anita's Arrowhead blocks.

Anita's Arrowhead Blocks
I like this method/pattern the more blocks I make.  26 blocks in Minnesota, and there are 10 in South Dakota.  121 blocks needed for a queen size quilt.   That's a start!

Weekly Goals--

  1. 10 more Arrowhead blocks
  2. Think about the next year's goals

Well, I don't like yearly goals--but a general plan--that's okay.  I'll let you know what I've thought about next week.  Here's a few options.   Do I want to participate more with my favorite on-line groups/blogs?  Work on hand applique?  More donation quilts?  Perhaps a few quilts for family?  A new quilt or two for our bed?  Stash reports?  UFO challenges?  More swaps?  Use more of my precut stash---noodles and 5" charms?  There are lots of possibilities out there.  Maybe push myself into using colors I'm not real comfortable with?  How about use more stash than I buy--that would be good!   What have you thought about for the next year?  I'd love to hear--someone else may have a great idea that's never crossed my pea brain! 

Christmas has come and gone.  Mason thought we were NEVER going to open presents!   Grandma--can you do this??

 
Life got better--



Mason wanted a Dr. kit.  Rest assured--by this evening we've all had "check ups"!   

How was your Christmas?  Did you receive a special present?  Are you thinking of next year?





 







 

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm glad you checked out healthy! I love your blocks. That's going to be a wonderful quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

I loved making arrowhead blocks this past year...aren't they fun to sew?!? Yours look great!

SpinningStar said...

A belated Merry Christmas - looks like you had a great one.

Beautiful blocks - that will be a great quilt.

I go with having "guidelines" for the year since it's much easier to live by. I've been working on cleaning up around the house, so I have been rediscovering things in the stash. So my stashbusting and UFO goals are changing.

I'm going small - I'm doing the UFO challenge but on 12 smaller projects so higher chance of completion. I'll do the color challenge, but limiting the size to 12" x 12".

My new idea is to pick a different area of my stash and each month look at what I have - don't like something any more then donate it. Maybe I'll come up with an idea or two and then "kit" it up for a later date. Maybe, it will inspire me to get working on other projects. I'll know in a month or two if this idea works.

Liz

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your Arrowhead blocks are even prettier all together like that. Will you set them edge to edge or use sashing?

Love that picture of Mason looking at all his stuff. Better start saving for his medical school tuition, he might want to be a real doctor some day. Maybe he'd give you free real checkups.

I only have one guideline for next year...I am going to seriously work on losing 50 lbs. That should be possible, shouldn't it?? As for thinking about next Christmas, I'm putting it off as long as I can!!

Nann said...

Happy child on Christmas morning -- a classic! And how nice that he's declared you all to be healthy. :) Your arrowhead blocks are coming along nicely.

My big Christmas gift is an iPhone which should arrive sometime this week.

Katie Z. said...

No stash reports or UFO challenge for me next year, I think... I have all my UFOs complete, and since my stash might get packed in February, I won't have it to look at.

I have a few queen-sized quilts that I've been thinking about for years, and it's time to do those. Also, the Screamer wants her blue and red quilt quilted in turquoise and orange, so I'd better get cracking!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your blocks are great. How fun to get to sew all over LOL! Happy Grandkid - he's kinda cute ;-)

bunbear said...

Mason is adorable! I gave my nephew that same pair of p.j.'s as one of his Christmas presents!

Love that arrowhead quilt! You have a great eye for colors.

Mary Johnson said...

The blocks are looking great. Nice that you are enjoying them since you need so many.

I do set goals - I will do the UFO challenge again, I track my stash used and in general have tried to use more than I bring in but I think I bought more this year than in the last few. Another goal is to limit my "piecing in process" to 1-2 at a time but again, didn't do so well this year. I think I have 4 in process and 2 kits cut when I thought I was going to need some projects while we were moving. Didn't move and the kits didn't get touched.

That along with finally getting to some piecing projects and finishing up the HeartStrings tops here are on my list.

Carol said...

I love that block -- and I was able to find the directions online and print them out. Another UFO in the making! I'm looking forward to another UFO Challenge year -- wish you luck with your goals.

Sheila said...

Pretty quilt! It's on my list to make for Judy's challenge in 2012, even though it's not a UFO yet. I still have a few hours to make it one, though! LOL Happy New Year!