Motivation Friday

Friday, January 4, 2013
Yes, I read my 2013 guidelines and cleared off the end of my cutting table.  Lots of fabric folded and ready to go back in the storage cubes.   Next I worked on a UFO---



Yes, the sailboats are all sewn together.  I made the backing last night too.  Maybe Henrietta will help me load this and it can be quickly quilted. 

Still working on yoyos, my goal is to complete one block a week.  There are 18 done, I am halfway!  My goal is to have it completely done by Fall.  We'll see!

A few pictures from the week---


Homemade noodles drying---we ate them in a turkey vegetable soup.  YUM!

Henrietta and I drank "sex on the beach" cocktails New Year's Day.  Traditional Cajun New Year's Food---Hoppin' John Jambalaya, fried cabbage, cornbread, homemade buttermilk bread, and a grape salad.  Legend has you eat greens--the cabbage (to represent money--greenbacks) black eyed peas (represent coins/luck) and Pork (to represent health).   Dessert was a banana pudding trifle.   We used our favorite plates--

Each one has a slightly different chicken on a different color plate.  Ken gets blue,  Henrietta's red, and mine is green!   Its a small thing but makes our meal cheerful. 

Next I'm going to work on Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks--January's color is "pink".  What are you working on??  Have you thought about your resolutions?  I need to print mine and hang them on the wall so I don't forget!



3 comments:

Nancy said...

You've had a very productive week!

Homemade noodles are by far the best thing on earth - so tasty. I haven't made any in years.

My plates, cups, bowls are five different colors: I love the variety and also like to mix them up to create different combos.

The sailboats are darling. Do you have a recipient in mind for that cutie?

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

I have my own homemade eyy noodle maker - my father-in-law. He makes the noodles and I make the chicken soup to put them in. Might have to do that again really soon. Cold weather goes well with it.

Your quilt top reminded me of seeing the tall ships in Newport, RI.

Time to work on my list for the week.

Sara said...

Gorgeous plates with the chickens.